For Sale or trade: Wild Louisiana crawfish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piratechest

Aquarium Advice Freak
Crawfish from the Mississippi River are much lighter in color and have plenty of color variations. Some are green, others blue, some green & pink with speckles. Crawfish that come from the pond range from a vibrant red to a jet black with accents of red. I can acquire sizes 1'2' to about 3' sometimes bigger. I've never seen anyone offer them before. These are coming straight from the greater New Orleans area.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'll post pictures if anyone is interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hate to crush your dreams, but this isn't legal. You need a permit to be able to move wild fish and invertebrates from their natural body of water. This law is only in place to stop these animals from invading other bodies of water, and destroying ecosystems. You can get different species online or at your LFS, breed them and sell those for profit. Again, no hard feelings.

Nils

Hate to crush your dreams, but this isn't legal. You need a permit to be able to move wild fish and invertebrates from their natural body of water. This law is only in place to stop these animals from invading other bodies of water, and destroying ecosystems. You can get different species online or at your LFS, breed them and sell those for profit. Again, no hard feelings.

Nils

This is partially true,
here in Georgia you are allowed to catch/keep any NON game fish with a seine. For game fish you can catch/keep without the use of a seine.
Of corse any endangered specie is a exception. As for the selling part, you need a permit. We just had a meeting in the aquarium club that I attend that was dedicated to native fish keeping, and covered this topic extensively.

Cool deal, didn't know that! I usually only use a seine net when I'm at the beach for fun, don't ever use live bait. Oh, and speaking of fishing, went out and caught a couple bass and white perch of my brothers boat today :) Everyone under the age of 16 here in N.C doesn't need a permit to fish, but I don't know how that its wherever you guys are.

Nils

Cool deal, didn't know that! I usually only use a seine net when I'm at the beach for fun, don't ever use live bait. Oh, and speaking of fishing, went out and caught a couple bass and white perch of my brothers boat today :) Everyone under the age of 16 here in N.C doesn't need a permit to fish, but I don't know how that its wherever you guys are.

Nils

yup its the same here too!

Back
Top Bottom