baby sea urchins appeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

idol1

Aquarium Advice Freak
I haven't put any reef rock in this tank for 2 years only fish.

I have a breeding population of brittle starfish in this tank.

Now it seems I also have urchins that are establishing them selves in this tank.

I had to catch a Christmas wrasse that I grew up as a baby out of this tank. Took out all the rock to catch it.

Imbedded in the small crevices of the rock are baby sea urchins. I have about eight urchins that have been there for ever.

I only added one armored urchin a few days ago.

One filter I haven't changed in a year the other one only gets changed about every 6 month.

Water changes on this tank 10 gal every 2 weeks. Counted about 50 tiny urchins.

I guess the urchins are doing ok along with the brittle stars. The tank is a 50 gal.

I'm going to clean the filter I haven't cleaned in a year to see if its holding any surprises.

I just released a load of fish that grew to big back into the ocean reserve area from my tanks.

I have a lot in QT tanks. As soon as there in the main tanks Ill post Pics.

unless they hitched a ride on a fish from another tank. nothing has been added to this tank as far as rock in two years.

The only ting added to this tank is cowrie ,and one urchin. One coral beauty.

the only tank that gets new rock is the 125 for the Morish Idol. And she eats urchins.

The urchin that was added was a armored urchin all the long time urchins are short spine.

I have a pr of pencil urchins very large. They have been in there over a year.

the babies look like pencil urchin.

Back
Top Bottom