Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Fish or Coral Profiles
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-10-2019, 01:11 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Tank of the Month Award

Bubble tip anemone issues attaching

I picked up a green bubble tip anemone a few days ago and itís been hell trying to get it to attach. Right now itís in a breeder box to keep it from flying around the tank. Iíve shut the pumps and place it on areas of flat bare rock with crevices hoping it will take hold and grab deep into the rock. It has a few times but has let go. I understand lighting, flow and other factors are likely to contribute to where it stays but it is so resilient to settle down. Any tips on helping it stay in one place? Itís definitely healthy just will not take hold. Thanks Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9869.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	313672

Old 08-10-2019, 11:20 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Turn off the pumps and put him down in the sandbed for a couple hours. He'll put his foot down.

EDIT: keep in mind that it will stay in a spot that it feels it is able to thrive in. If an anemone isn't able to plant itself, you either have an anemone unable to plant due to flow or a damaged foot. Since you say it's healthy it just needs more time.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 04:40 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Tank of the Month Award

Iíll just place him down and wait. He likes attaching to flat surfaces because he will always attach to the breeder box. Iíll give it a go again tonight. Thanks.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:38 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Tank of the Month Award

Hmm.. it seems very relentless lol. It gets me worried that I left it for a few hours and still no sign of attaching. It always flips itself upside down in the process which causes me to go in and flip it right side up. I suppose it has a death wish. Itís puzzling because it always attaches to flat surfaces but it just refuses rock. This seems like a very beginner issue I never thought this would become such a problem.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:24 PM   #5
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Turn off all of the flow in the tank and set it somewhere with its foot down. It'll take care of the rest.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anemone, bubble, bubble tip, bubble tip anemone, chi

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Lionfish | - »