Food for Rose tip and Duncan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lee426

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone have any good suggestions on what to be feeding my Rose tip anemone. I just got it monday. It's only about an inch and a half in diameter. And what about my Duncan. He's obly got one polyp and it is under an inch in diameter (1/2-3/4 inch maybe).

Thanks,
Lee

Does anyone have any good suggestions on what to be feeding my Rose tip anemone. I just got it monday. It's only about an inch and a half in diameter. And what about my Duncan. He's obly got one polyp and it is under an inch in diameter (1/2-3/4 inch maybe).

Thanks,
Lee

I fed mine frozen mysis shrimp. Now that my Rose Tip is bigger I feed it silversides from Petsmart and feed the Duncans Fauna Marin Lps food. Much cleaner than Mysis and more protein.

How often would you feed them? For my Duncan I feed it about one to two mysis but my cleaner shrimp most times goes in its mouth and pulls them out. I don't know what to do. Like after an hour of feeding there's like a silky stuff protruding from the mouth of the Duncan and the shrimp will go in and start pulling stuff out.

As long as you have appropriate lighting, you don't have to feed these at all. Feeding can lead to a trap where nutrients build up over time and cause issues.

I have a 14g biocube with the stock power compacts. Have had nice growth on my war coral which has doubled in size in about 6 months. And some polyps have grown like weeds.

The Duncan should be fine with those lights, but doubt the BTA will do well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom