Bucktooth Tetra & Cory Cats?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trombonier

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 4 Cory Cats and 4 Amano Shrimp in my 40 Gallon Tall tank. Would a school of 12ish Exodons be okay in the tank? Or would they bother my cleanup crew?

Thank you.

I'd be more worried about the shrimp, myself. I keep a school of 9 bucktooths, with about 7 or 8 banjo cats, 6 twig cats, 4 bristlenose plecos, 6 queen loaches, 4 panda garra, a snowball pleco, and probably 40 or 50 kuhli loaches, and the bucktooths ignore em all, just chase eachother around lots(well, mostly one of them doing the chasing)... I actually find them to be a largely boring fish, as the chasees spend the bulk of their time hiding from the chaser. Maybe if you try to be sure all of yours are close to the same size, and get perhaps 15 or 20 instead of 12, you may have better "luck" than me. I'm looking to get rid of mine, if I can find someone to buy them cheap, so I can replace them with 30 or so glass cats.
Anyways, they won't bother your corys, I can pretty well guarantee, at least according to my experience. It's mostly said they go for silver/shinier fish, and in particular their scales, so scaleless fish are just fine-which is why I've gone with all scaleless/bottom fish(im actually planning to add a few amano shrimp(to take care of the diatoms- new set up still, at around 4 or 5 months- and perhaps a pair of bamboo shrimp)- and I can vouch for that, at least, again, in my experience.
Good luck....

Sent from my LG-H831 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom