Green Spotted Puffer fish daily diet requirement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zigcy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hallo guys

We have 3 Green Spotted Puffer fish and a inch of loaches in a tank.

We give the puffers blood worms the one day and brine shrimp the other. They also get meal worms twice daily. Do have in mind they have snails 24hrs available to them.

The loaches also eat the wurms and they get flakes and algae wafers now and then.

I'm not concerned about the loaches but are wondering what is a proper diet requirement to a green puffer on a daily bases? IMG_20180528_055640.jpeg

Yes we are starting the proses of changing the water to brackish this weekend. We got them from the shop where they were in freshwater.

Is there any indication that told you that?

Cool, no, they look fine but the plants and loaches may not be looking so hot in brackish;) I'd keep them fed with shelled fare, snails and mussels. They need to grind on something to keep the chompers in check. Frozen brine and blood worms are fine in between. Maybe look into getting a brackish snail colony going in a small jug or container? I'm not sure what's best for that? You can order snails from reefcleaners.org, he sends plenty and they're relatively cheap. Frozen clams or mussles from the store will be a nice treat too.

Cool, no, they look fine but the plants and loaches may not be looking so hot in brackish;) I'd keep them fed with shelled fare, snails and mussels. They need to grind on something to keep the chompers in check. Frozen brine and blood worms are fine in between. Maybe look into getting a brackish snail colony going in a small jug or container? I'm not sure what's best for that? You can order snails from reefcleaners.org, he sends plenty and they're relatively cheap. Frozen clams or mussles from the store will be a nice treat too.
Do you know if there is a must serve daily food diet is or is it okey to rotate. I'm also bit scared that mealwurms might contain alot of fat maybe to much do give as a daily food.

I feed mine every 2-3 days with blood worms or brine shrimp. Dump snails in there once a week. They can go a few days with Out feeding

Back
Top Bottom