Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Fish or Plant Profiles
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-05-2015, 07:46 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canary bird View Post
I'm about yo pick 4 of these guys (and some other fish) up from someone leaving the island, are they ok with corydoras ?
They do great with cory. One of mine occasionally sleeps against a large emerald cory. Ive neer had a problem.

I do have to disagree about never seeing them. i have three in my tank and they are very active. I see them all the time. If they feels safe you will see them. When mine get grumpy hey hide in a coconut shell. Someone on the dui recommended i cut a cave out of a coconut for a bigger fish. With the leftover top of the coconut, i just dropped it in for decor, but the loaches love squeezing between the natural occurring holes in the top. They're the only ones who can fit into that nest!

Old 02-17-2015, 06:07 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I'm glad I read this because I only have 1 kuhli loach in my 45 gallon tank...I have 2 catfish, 5 danios, a bristlenose pleco, and a molly. How many more kuhlis should I get do you guys think?

Old 02-19-2015, 01:09 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty-0 View Post
I'm glad I read this because I only have 1 kuhli loach in my 45 gallon tank...I have 2 catfish, 5 danios, a bristlenose pleco, and a molly. How many more kuhlis should I get do you guys think?
And I am glad you brought this to the top! I am getting 5 this weekend for my tank

Had anyone experienced their kuhlies escaping or going into their filters? I have a fluval 306 canister, should I be worried about the kuhlies attempting to swim into the output hose due to the current? 2

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 03-20-2015, 04:48 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well, one of my kuhlies are preganant!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 03-20-2015, 04:48 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Time for some research, wasnt expecting that one

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 03-04-2016, 10:36 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have a 30 long tank currently going through cycling and i am deciding what to put in it. I want a community tank with an oddball twist to it (like an eel shaped fish) and it seems Kuhli is the way to go. Everything ive read online says they like waters anywhere between 75-85 and ph from 6-7, so in my tank i was planning on mid-high 70's temperature wise and around 7 ph wise, my questions are: is a 30 long tank fine for 3-4 kuhli loaches plus some small fish (tetras or possibly glass catfish or etc.) and is the combination of mid-high 70's plus a ph around 7 fine or is it cutting it a little close for their comfort zones?
Old 03-05-2016, 04:53 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

What's your pH currently? It's a phenomenally ridiculous undertaking to try to goof with pH. My pH is consistently around 7.6, and that's just what it is. 🙄
Old 03-05-2016, 09:21 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Mine is about 7.4 right now but im cycling so if I can ajust it nows the chance, and i can already tell its a pretty big burden trying to change it����
Old 03-05-2016, 05:46 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

I have black kuhli and striped kuhli at 7.6, they're fine pH is critical for things like discus and the high pH 8+ guys, but not so much with these guys I would skip tinkering with the pH in this case.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:02 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Wow thats some good news! Do you think a 30 long tank is fine for 3 loaches?

Tags
kuhli, kuhli loach, loach

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com