Kuhli Loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It'll be fine ^_^ my striped kuhlis are in a 10g quarantine and they have plenty of space for getting their wiggle on!

My Ph is 7.4-7.6. I have 6 Kuhli Loaches with 7 Bloodfin Tetras in a 20 gallon. The temperature is always over 78. Finally I have a pair of German Blur Ram that also require the higher temp.

I recommend you start with the Bloodfins now (with the new cycle) and later add the Kuhlis that are a bit more sensitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If they are happy in a 20 gal i might get 4 or 5 for my tank then thanks! And are all tetras hardy enough for the cycle? I was thinking about getting a group of neons or maybe some other kind as a schooling group of fish, I'll definitely look into bloodfins thats a pretty sweet name

Bloodfins are one of the few tetras that can handle the higher temperature for a long time. And yes, they handle the new cycle or partial cycle. Mine did and have had them for over a year already.

Research is your best friend. Don't just follow what we tell you.

Also, a school means the need for more than 5. Don't get 4 or 5 Kuhli Loaches. You have the tank size, give them what they need to be happy.

Oh, and hint from research: Kuhli's are more carnivore than omnivores

Ah okay, ive done all my research on ph and temp for them not so much for tankmates yet, i know in general they are community but if i had to guess id think they eat anything small that can fit in their mouth, but thank you!

Don't worry about "fixing" the Ph. Just get fish that are comfortable in the Ph that your tap water has. Now the temp is really important at times like for Kuhli's, Bloodfins, and Germans. Hence, why my Guppy tank has a heater during winter at the lowest setting and comes off around now.

Hello my little is swimming in circles and breathing rapidly also slightly red gills. Please help me help my little guy

Yes all is good with the water. Could something be stuck in his gills. He does seem to be eating and everything else in this ttank seems to be doing really good.he just can't seem to swim like he supposed to he goes around and around and around and around in circles

I am not a fish health expert by any means. But my Khuli's act up if anything is off with the water or if there are quick changes to it.

Back
Top Bottom