Kuhli Loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anteatergoanna

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone, can some pls tell if I can keep kuhli loaches and clown loaches together? I have 3 clowns, ph sits at 7.3 and nitrate about 5, what parameters do the kuhli like?
Thanks and Happy Easter!!

Happy Easter.? I would love the answer aswell, upgrading to bigger tank and would love to have both.

Kuhlis aren't picky about specific parameters, as long as they are stable, the tank is cycled, and it gets regular water changes.
The thing that comes to my mind regarding these 2 fish together is the size difference. Although clowns grow slowly, their adult size is like 2 feet.. Kuhlis stay 3-4 inches. Also clowns are quite rambunctious and kuhlis can be pretty timid. They can be frightened by larger fish and are out competed for food easily. If a kuhli is eating a wafer and a larger fish swims up and tries to take a bite, it will swim away and hide.

Hi, thanks for the info, I would only want to get 3 or 4, so I might rethink getting them, would hate them to be too frightened to come out of their cave. My biggest loach is about 6 inches, the others are about 4 or 5

Back
Top Bottom