Molly fish keep chasing other fish..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueCoral

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hye guys, my molly fish keep chasing smaller fish and nip their tail..for now i quarantine her..but how to stopping her from chassing and nipping??

Unfortunately, that's what they do naturally. It's recommended to community them only with short-finned fish.
If you are going to keep them together, I would recommend getting something to help their healing when they do get bitten a little too much. It will stop eventually if the finned fish get big enough to defend themselves.

Unfortunately, that's what they do naturally. It's recommended to community them only with short-finned fish.
If you are going to keep them together, I would recommend getting something to help their healing when they do get bitten a little too much. It will stop eventually if the finned fish get big enough to defend themselves.

owh i see..maybe i just move her to the other tank..never tought that molly can become this agresive..

Yeah, you're pretty much seeing the extent of their "bad side." You should see them when they're pregnant, though! They get truly aggressive then :cool:

Yeah, you're pretty much seeing the extent of their "bad side." You should see them when they're pregnant, though! They get truly aggressive then :cool:

luckily i just have 1 molly in this comunity tank...[emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom