My best fish, Andinoacara RIvulatus, False Green Terror

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

V227

Aquarium Advice Addict
Over the years I've kept numerous varieties of fish, fresh and salt, but none better than the Rivulatus GT. Recently members have posted stunning photos of their Green Terrors and yes they are beautiful, but they are also a very useful fish in an agressive cichlid tank. I've raised three male Rivulatus, note: one male per tank. All have exhibited the same Tank Policeman /
Tank Peace Maker, behavior.
My best Rivulatus is 6 y.o. and is close to 9" long. Built like a tank. He is housed in a 120 gal. Primarily aggressive New World Cichlid tank. He is the dominant fish. When he swims high, the other cichlids swim low. The GT ignores the small groupings of baby cichlids but will chase any and all of the adult cichlids, without harming them. Full disclosure: he did kill a hyper aggressive male Jack Dempsey about a year ago. The GT's dominance keeps the other tankmates aggression down to a minimum and so far is apparently helping to keep the juvenile cichlids from being injured or consumed.
Pictured: Rivulatus swimming with juvenile Red Texas Cichlid, bottom left and a juvenile Festae RT cichlid, bottom right. Notice the juv. Festae is positioned swimming next to an adult female Festae. Couple of African cichlids. Morning light photo.
Pictured: Rivulatus, Night light photo.

Great fish.

Attachments

• 20171016_091740.jpg
    20171016_091740.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 20171016_212633.jpg
    20171016_212633.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 160
Thanks, I hope so. This guy is truly the best fish I've ever kept. He cost me an astounding four bucks.:)

Great lookin fish! im going to take your advice and go pick one up tonight!

Back
Top Bottom