Scarlet Badis (Dario Dario) by GodFan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy cow I want one! Are they for sale? Are they really that color or are they died?

GodFan said:
Holy cow I want one! Are they for sale? Are they really that color or are they died?
I have seen some for sale. No, they arent dyed.

I just picked up a pair of scarlet badis today at my LFS. Hopefully I picked up a male and female. One does look noticeably lighter and less colourful than the other, but that could be due to stress. I already love them both! Lol

Austin.b said:
I just picked up a pair of scarlet badis today at my LFS. Hopefully I picked up a male and female. One does look noticeably lighter and less colourful than the other, but that could be due to stress. I already love them both! Lol

Post up some pics!
I need about 7-8 more females lol

I hope I have a pair...for some reason I'm doubting it. Is there any way I can check if I have a female? Also, if I do have a pair, will they pair off on their own?

Me too lol. Females have no body color and shorter.... hanging fins? lol but juvie males are like identical to females. I found out the hard way. I definetly made some mistakes in this profile. For example I do NOT recommend prawn eggs anymore. Killed some cories because of salt.

Coursair said:
The females have very faint bars. More silvery body ? One of my club members just found his second Dario Dario baby. I'm jealous ;)

Sorry for the dumb question, but how big are female adults? My "female" has very faint lines, and almost no iridescense (sp?) Lol wow! how lucky! Lol both of them are usually on oppsite sides of the tank most of the time, does this mean that they're both male?

Im not sure about size (I never have been to great at judging exact sizes) but is there any blue on her?

I know it's a she! She was out and about, and i was comparing her to the male, she has a rounder body shape, and little iridescence. I hope they pair off!:)

Austin.b said:
I know it's a she! She was out and about, and i was comparing her to the male, she has a rounder body shape, and little iridescence. I hope they pair off!:)

Dibs on a baby when they do!! Congrats. I agree they're definitely different

Back
Top Bottom