shrimp with fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mogens

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Am in the process of setting up a 135 gallon tank. (my lifelong dream). will be fresh water. Have never had shrimps. Can I have shrimp and fish in the same tank and if so what fish shrimp combinations should I avoid?
Thanks,Mogens

Probably be mostly angels,swords and neons. Do have 2 three inch loaches.
Thanks

Honestly, all of those fish besides neons have the propensity to eat shrimp. Especially the loaches.

The loaches are definitely a no no with shrimp. Outside of that you could try it with the rest of them but you'd need a lot of cover and a large colony.

Ok I'll pass. It was for my grandaughters. The'll have to choose something else. Thanks again,Mogens

If you are looking for a good shrimp alternative, you could add a Dwarf Mexican red lobster. It is actually a freshwater crayfish, but it stays pretty small - about an inch or two. They will be able to fend most fish off, as long as you give them somewhere to hide while they molt.

Some great ideas. Just got the water in the 135. Now I wait. Thanks to all of you.
Regards,Mogens

Back
Top Bottom