Substrate for my plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaitlyns17

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello! So recently I've been hating the look of gravel in my tank and I was wondering if sand is going to hurt my plecos in anyway? I have 3 bristle nose and 2 are albino. I also want to get sand for my betta and my blushing tetras. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Your bristles will be fine on sand. My 2 do great on it no issues at all ☺
My betta tank has sand also.
55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Thank you! Im hating the look of my black gravel with pink mixed in since i couldnt see the dark pleco very well ?? i like the look of sand much better i find it more natural looking

No problem :)
I have sand in all my tank's and definitely prefer it, like you say more natural and a lot of fish appreciate it especially your pleco's ?

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

I have 10 adult bristle nose Plecoptera, plus 15 youngsters and every tank has sand except my nursery with a bare bottom. They'll do better with sand than gravel :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom