White Cloud Mountain Minnow Profile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreshObsessed

Aquarium Advice Freak
Submitted by FreshObsessed

Scientific Name: Tanichthys albonubes

Common Names: White Cloud, Gold White Cloud, Meteor Minnow

Category: Minnow

Family: Cyprinidae

Origin: White Cloud Mountain, Guangzhou, Guandong Province, China

Main Ecosystem: Coastal Stream, Tributaries

Salinity: Freshwater

Temperment: Docile

Diet: Frozen and Live

Care: Shouldn't be fed Freeze Dried or Flake/Pellet as staple, needs lower temperatures than most tropical fish, schooling fish.

pH: 6.0-8.0

Temperature: 60-75 Degrees F

Hardness: 5-20 Degrees H

Potential size: 1.6"

Water Region: Middle to Top

Activity: Active

Lifespan: 3-5 years in captivity

Color: Gold Variety: Gold, Red, White, Black Wild Variety: Gray, Red, White, Black (Sometimes light pink)

Mouth: Pointing Foward

Sexing: Females are noticably rounder-bellied and larger than the slimmer males.

Acclimation: Drip Acclimation, Floating

Breeding: WCMM are an egg-scattering Cyprinid who will readily breed and often when the fish are in good condition and happy.

Comments: These fish are a generally hardy, active schooling fish that will bring a beautiful blast of life to your sub-tropical aquarium. I love them and they continue to be one of my favorite fish. I highly recommend them. They breed easily and are very friendly towards tank mates and other WCMMs.

Sources: White Cloud Mountain Minnow (Tanichthys albonubes) - Seriously Fish

White_cloud_mountain_minnow+-+natureaquarium.us.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XciU-D954...cloud_mountain_minnow+-+natureaquarium.us.jpg

Are these fish good in small tanks? I'm considering getting a small tank (6g fluval edge) for my kitchen. I want a small fish that is very low maintenance and low waste. I have a tall 37g with fancy goldies so I'm already doing lots of big pwc's.

I would say 4 White Cloud Minnows and some shrimp would be a fine stocking for a 6 Gallon.

I love my whie cloud minnows! I have 3 hoping to buy 3 more. When they lay eggs will they lay them in a rock pile between the rocks or no? I only have java ferns as far as plants go and cant buy other types because of my snails. PLease get back soon , thanks!

Back
Top Bottom