Will a green cabomba plant survive in brackish water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

axolotlgirl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im turning my tank brackish for a green spotted puffer, will the plant survive, and at my fish store their puffers are really not figure 8 puffers, they get shipped to them as figure8s, i forgot the name of the puffer but what could they be? This is my first post so sorry if its in the wrong area.:thanks:

Best to get some mangroves. I really can't see many hobby plants surviving that sg

Am not trolling just given you facts is your tank you do what I want sorry if you toke it the wrong way

Yes, your cabomba plant will thrive very well in brackish water. Just keep in mind that some herbivorous fish and invertebrates may enjoy grazing on it.

Many puffer fish are omnivorous and will munch on some plants. If your puffer is omnivorous, frozen blood worms, prawns, and a few other meaty food are good as well as nice crunchy lettuce and peas. It's best to not make them live on just flakes. They occasionally are piggy overeaters that may often spit out food that is ttoo large for them to digest. Don't give them flakes or pellets until they get acclimated to the new tank.

Many puffer fish are omnivorous and will munch on some plants. If your puffer is omnivorous, frozen blood worms, prawns, and a few other meaty food are good as well as nice crunchy lettuce and peas. It's best to not make them live on just flakes. They occasionally are piggy overeaters that may often spit out food that is ttoo large for them to digest. Don't give them flakes or pellets until they get acclimated to the new tank.
I wouldn't know the difference. My puffers tank is literally a plant dump for me. I throw detached floating portions and such in there. They could be eating them?? I just read you can get chain swords going in brackish?? I may try it. I've always wanted archer fish... my puffers will not take flake at all. It's snails and frozen meat cubes..

I wouldn't know the difference. My puffers tank is literally a plant dump for me. I throw detached floating portions and such in there. They could be eating them?? I just read you can get chain swords going in brackish?? I may try it. I've always wanted archer fish... my puffers will not take flake at all. It's snails and frozen meat cubes..
Well it certainly seems like they're getting a good meat diet. Good luck and don't be afraid of trying the cabomba plant.

Back
Top Bottom