Any Aussies About?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gidday Stoobroo :) I'm from Adelaide. I breed Herichthys carpintis and Thorichthys maculipinnus :fish2:
And the only solution is puratap ;)

G'day to you M8 and nice to know I'm not the only one in Adelaide....and a friend of mine works for Puratap.....never stops ha ha.
I've just started with a 'sudo Blue Planet' 70L tank I got off Gumtree and had it running a week, just introduced a couple of plants and five guppies from Hilltop Aquariums, going to leave it a couple of weeks more to settle before introducing some bottom feeders. :)

Hahaa classic :) That's great! Is this your first tank? I know where hilltop aquarium is. I was a bit disappointed with their selections. How is it now? Have you been to seaview aquarium? They usually have decent stock and often have something on the unusual side. I went there on Saturday and they had some nice little double red cockatoo dwarf cichlids.

Hahaa classic :) That's great! Is this your first tank? I know where hilltop aquarium is. I was a bit disappointed with their selections. How is it now? Have you been to seaview aquarium? They usually have decent stock and often have something on the unusual side. I went there on Saturday and they had some nice little double red cockatoo dwarf cichlids.

Yes first tank and so far so good, the guppy s still smiling. You're right that Hilltop is a bit small, well compared to the one on Anzac, but they are friendly and knowledgable which is what I need. I will give the Seaview one a go when it comes to adding to mine in a few weeks time. All I will say about Adelaide is thank goodness for Puratap :)

Yes first tank and so far so good, the guppy s still smiling. You're right that Hilltop is a bit small, well compared to the one on Anzac, but they are friendly and knowledgable which is what I need. I will give the Seaview one a go when it comes to adding to mine in a few weeks time. All I will say about Adelaide is thank goodness for Puratap :)
Good to hear :) I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from your fishy friends. Its always fun choosing your inhabitants. Do lots of research on the ones that appeal to you and enjoy :D

Good to hear :) I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from your fishy friends. Its always fun choosing your inhabitants. Do lots of research on the ones that appeal to you and enjoy :D

Looking forward to choosing friends for the guppy s, some bottom feeders and I quite like the look of those red cherry shrimps :)

Mad Melbournian here !!!

Hello fellow Aussies :fish1::fish2:

In the process of upgrading to a 5' x 2' x 2' tank ... selling off my 4' stand & hood after a mystery power/heater failure resulted in me losing my 5 year old Oscar Jaws RIP :(

So ... always had under tank canister set up and had a small 40 ltr trickle filter as back up & sick bay.

Hubby likes the look of curved glass Juwel tanks with an "in tank" filter systems. Anyone got one? What do you think?

Personally I want a tank with a sump, so opinions wanted!! We do both want a big tank, easier to keep stable and we both want BIG fish tho undecided on Natives or Tropical ... hit me with your wisdom people! :hide:

Hey Red260z :) Guess there's not a lot of wisdom around to hit you with ;) Hahaaa. I've had no experience with either bow fronts or sumps. There is probably a better forum here to discuss these matters. Have look through the other forums. You will probably have better luck if you post extra threads.
Sorry I couldn't help and very sorry about Jaws :( That's sad when you lose a pet you've had a while.

I have just realised that the Seaview Aquarium is the one we went to on Anzac and I agree it has a massive selection and always very busy, a beautiful selection of fish too. :)

Anyone know of some good aquariums around cambpelltown or southern highlands area

I'm from Perth currently got two tanks up and running!

1) 220L freshwater planted community tank with cardinal and phantom tetras, numerous different corys, featherfin cat, 4 monos, 2 bristlenose cats and a pictus catfish!

2) 90L saltwater tank only recently setup and just finished my first cycle, planning on getting a pair of clowns, a four striped wrasse plenty of coral :)

I've kept tanks for about two years now previously keeping a colony of tropheus which was great fun but thought I'd try something new, defintately enjoying SW so far just can't wait to put fish and corals in just not looking forward to splashing the $$$

Mostly vebas and aquotix, sometimes ocean reef aquariums when I get the chance. I have a mate who works at aquotix so I usually get a good discount when I shop there!

Where do you generally shop?

What's seaview aquariums like???

I haven't heard of/been there.

I'll have to check it out sometime!

Where abouts is it?

Back
Top Bottom