Any Aussies About?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My partner is from west Brisbane and I'm from the northern gold coast, we mostly keep south American cichlids and are fairly new to the hobby . I'm a little more serious than she is she just likes the pretty colours and the peacefulness. I'm looking at expanding to a second tank for Africans in the near future...... Safe to say I'm obsessed..... Where do fellow south east queenslanders get their stock from?

Hey, just checking out whether there are any Aussies/Queenslanders using this site/app?
Cheers, Nae

hey!!! just a shoutout to all my ozzy peeps!! nice... (alittle about me) just started fish keeping for about a yr now...have mainly catfish / loaches n 2 bgk fish in my small 3ft tank.. found out they grow so bought a 4ft n 7ft tank all 2nd hand (fingers cross they dont leek) want some discus in my large tank but heard their so easy to die :( ...advice for beginners out there bigger is better so just go for the largest tank you can afford money n room wise...cause once u start this hobby its gonna get very addictive :) n drain all ya money ...hahhaa

Hey guys I'm from wa
I got a 65liter community tank with
5 mollys
4 normal black skirt tetras and one albino
1 Kuhli loach
1 black shark

My other tank is a nano reef that I have just started and I'm hoping to get 2 clowns and some coral for it

My partner is from west Brisbane and I'm from the northern gold coast, we mostly keep south American cichlids and are fairly new to the hobby . I'm a little more serious than she is she just likes the pretty colours and the peacefulness. I'm looking at expanding to a second tank for Africans in the near future...... Safe to say I'm obsessed..... Where do fellow south east queenslanders get their stock from?

Hi Kirky! I'm a gold coaster too. I've been very disappointed with the stock available locally, so as soon as I have my new 6ft tank cycled I'm going to check out Brisbane. I've heard good things about Jodie's shop in Annerley.

Sometimes you can get some quality affordable stock from local breeders on Gumtree, but mostly browsing Gumtree is a real downer:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/c-ViewAd?AdId=1020809401

:nono:

I live in Lisarow on the NSW central coast, work in Sydney, and grew up in the Hunter Valley. Mostly I keep Oz natives - currently a brackish tank of blue eyes and small gobies - but with other marine and freshwater native tanks planned for the near future.

Tony

Oooh! I want a brackish tank! All the local lfs say they don't have brackish- they sell blue eyes and bumblebee gobies in their freshwater tanks. What sort of gobies do you have??

Hello.
Canberra here. New to fish caring. Look forward to learning from everyone!

Hey there , Brisbane... Birkdale, if anyone near here has any fish to sell(african cichlids) give me a yell :)

Sorry about not getting straight back to you Cactuspixie. I've now changed out my brackish tank to freshwater, but I still have natives. Your best options for brackish fish are the ones in your area! There are tons of suitable fishes around: blue-eyes, small gobies, etc. If you want to know more, I'd suggest you look into joining the QLD branch of ANGFA (Australia New Guinea Fish Association; ANGFA Queensland). I'm a member of ANGFA-NSW (ANGFA NSW), which holds monthly meetings (first Tuesday of the month) at the Australian Museum. Each meeting includes a raffle, auction (fish, plants, aquarium equipment, books), and a talk, followed a few days later by a field trip to sample fishes. I gave the talk this month - on NSW brackish water fishes - and the fieldtrip (on Sunday) will be to collect in an estuary on the north side of Sydney Harbour. Shame you don't live closer, as it would be a good chance to get started on some brackish water natives. If there are any other forum members with an interest in native fishes, please consider joining up with ANGFA.

Adelaide here

Hi, just joined today, very first tank, had it going for five days thinking of introducing plants and fish this weekend :)

Townsville checking in :). I've got a salt aquarium with 2 x clowns, 2 x damsels, lawnmower blennie, bi-colour angel a red starfish and some coral.

Back
Top Bottom