Any Aussies About?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NaeNae

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, just checking out whether there are any Aussies/Queenslanders using this site/app?
Cheers, Nae

Oh cool, so there's at least a few of us lol. Awesome! :)

Nice :) I'm from Beenleigh, halfway between Brissy and the Gold Coast :)
I breed albino and pep bn's, what does everyone else here breed or keep?

I have a tropical community tank and I seem to be breeding blue platys lol! I also have 4 kuhli loaches, mystery snails (which I hope breed too maybe), a female dwarf gourami, 1 male and two female adult platys, 2 juvenile platys, about 20-24 baby platys, and shrimp.

Do you only have the bn's?

I've got red devils too, but we're selling them as they're getting to the age where they are wanting to fight with each other.
I've also got a green terror, cherry shrimp and a featherfin cat.
I'd love to get into the salties, but it seems like a massive amount of work.
The albino bn's are breeding really well, my peps are about to come of breeding age in roughly a month. It started as a hobby, but is turning into some handy pocket money along the way ;)

Melbourne
Tank 1Siamese
Tank 2Goldfish
Tank 3 blue ram , I Molly 8 neon tetras , guppies,
Tank 4 baby guppies
I want to put cherry shrimp with my baby guppies
Will that work
What do you feed shrimp
I have java moss

I live in Lisarow on the NSW central coast, work in Sydney, and grew up in the Hunter Valley. Mostly I keep Oz natives - currently a brackish tank of blue eyes and small gobies - but with other marine and freshwater native tanks planned for the near future.

Tony

I have predominantly Dalmation Mollies for the time being. Wanted to keep a 1 specifies tank.

Just changed my substrate over the weekend to crushed slate which is looking very cool. Few live plants and a "coral" feature in the centre of the tank. Never seen my tank so clear :)

I'm in NSW, couple of hours south of Sydney. I Haven't been around here much lately but just found our mystery snails have laid eggs so doing some reading :)

about as far in S/W Vic as you can get, bad weather has raised it's ugly head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gudday im somewhere between Ipswich and Brissy only new to the fish hobby and this forum:). I have mostly Americans, a jd, a salvini, a green terror, a Texas, a melanarus, a blue eyed cich, a rf jewel and a gold spotted pleco. Hoping to find a healthy ebjd to set up my smaller tank too eventually.

Nowra NSW here, I'm just getting back into fish again after a few years break. Have one 80 litre guppy tank going, and a 150 litre tank that is temporarily holding the occupants of a second hand 1000 litre tank I just bought (it needs resealing, should be back up in a week). The monster tank's occupants are two clown loaches, two blue dolphin cichlids, a common pleco and a tiger barb, but I am changing it over to be a clown loach tank with a few corydora, bristlenose, kuhlii loaches, upside down cats and guppies. The other fish will be going in my daughter's five foot tank.

I'm also setting up a shrimp/snail tank and a growout tank for any fry that come along.

Back
Top Bottom