any ideas ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Holliesmum

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We have been told by the council that they are replaceing the electric sockets and fuse box. What do i do about my fluval roma 125 as we will have no electric !

Did they give you any idea how long it would be out?
Oooh, I'm in east Sussex too, btw.

I have had my house rewired. It took 2 days.

However I am not a council tenant, after the first day I had all lights working and my electrician left me with a double socket wired straight out of the fuse box for tv, kettle etc. I had to put an extension reel to direct the electric where I wanted it.

You can ask them to leave you with some form of electricity at the end of each day. This may just be a socket like I had to plug a reel into.

I would have thought that they will not be allowed to leave you with NO electricity in your home. There maybe something in your tenancy agreement about it.

Other than that you could ask a neighbour to allow you to plug the extension reel into their socket and offer them a couple of quid to cover the extra electric. I'm sure if you explain and allow them the same privilege if they have a rewire done.

Just some thoughts

Jon

My neighbour is ringing them tomorrow to find out bit more and she isgoing to ask when we are going to get done . if the power is off now and then fish should be ok , i hope !

What fish do you have in your rio?

Some fish will be fine without heating during the weather we've been experiencing lately. Your obvious concern is filtration over a long period of time if your electric is out for a while.

Jon

1molly , 6 black phantom tetras , 6 red phantom tetras , 7 neon tetras , 4 albino cory 2 chinese algae & 2 other small algae eaters not sure yet what they are !

Everything should be fine without a heater.

Your immediate concern is filtration.

Live plants?

Your tank should be ok without power for 24hours but I would keep stirring your water in your tank from time to time to add a little circulation.

It's all governed on how long your power is going to be off for now.

Jon

Back
Top Bottom