Any one from India in here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acecat

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I'm a planted tank enthusiast from Kochi, Kerala. I've got a 55gal bowed front tank with plants, guppies, hill stream loaches, fresh water sole, different types of tetras and a lot of shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hello JMcpeak. Had aquariums in the family ever since I can remember. My dad likes them too. Only difference, he prefers the larger more aggressive, or non-plant friendly type of fish. Growing up in the middle east we've had 3 Aquariums. I took up the smallest of them for a nano planted tank... I think my passion 'took its first toddler steps' back then when I was a kid myself. There was a rather long hiatus in my hobby from my college and University years till quite recently. Now, that I've got a little kid myself, I've restarted my old passion, hoping to do the same for my little one. What about you? How long have you been in the hobby? What kind of tank and fish do you have?

(It's Jamie)
Lucky you, I had one as a kid but it didn't work out too good! It all started with a funfair fish that died overnight, then I wanted fish. So I persuaded my mum to get me a tank, which had 3 goldfish (goldy silvy and pirate) they lasted about 6month.
Then the tank got used for common UK spiders for a few years.

I have a thing for big fish but I don't have the space for any more. I like all fish really, the more you learn the more you realise how different they all are, really fascinating even years later! Fishkeeping is almost the only thing I've applied myself to.

I like how you want to pass on Fishkeeping, that's pretty cool, if it doesn't work out you can adopt me! (I may be a bit old now though)
Children are like sponges, I had a child for care (on babysitting duties) by the time she was 6, she knew what each fish ate, and when, she also had most of the Latin names in the end. A truly great experience for us both. I hope your one takes to it.

I've been keeping fish the second time around since early 2005, I started off with one tank which I made, then 15 months later I had three, that went up to 6 and then back down to 4. I kept four tanks for a few years, then I moved, I took as many fish with me as I could but I needed to re home more than half of them, I re started my fish house last October (see my build pics, links in my signature)

I've kept so many fish it's easier for you to look! It starts with 4tanks2day, my fish house and fish tank stills videos are the best two. Then look on my flickr for current stock, I have a thread here which is my fish house build mostly.

Currently I have 6 tanks but that will change over christmas, and again in the new year. Hopefully I can start my reef next year, that's my no.1 goal for Fishkeeping. Second on the list is Cory breeding.

Hi Jamie, my name is Ciju. Although I'd like to get a lot of aquariums, I'll have to resist the temptation for the fear of my wife disowning me ;). I'm happy (for now) with my community tank and quarantine bowl. I love little colourful fish and lately, I'm fascinated by dwarf shrimp. What do you do when you are not 'in your tank' ? Which part of the UK are you from? Whats the weather like over there?

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm not Indian buuuuuut my son is half Indian ;)

Sent from my iPhone

:) Hi Emilygupps, Traditionally we Indians are supposed to revere the mother (well.. At least till the patriarchal system took over and ruined everything ;) ) So I guess, being mother to a half Indian qualifies. But, do you stay in India? or California?

Good morning (it is here!)
Welcome aboard, all the ladies have problems with husbands who are not into fish just like all the men do too, that seems to be a common theme.
I'm Half caste, mirpur is where my fathers side is from, I don't know him though. I've not been there.
I live near London, just west of heathrow airport.
This time of year it's cold! At least we don't have to contend with monsoon though, lots of nasty weather in that area this time of year. Depends exactly where you are?
I was a glazier for 10 years, now I'm a decorator but mainly I do kitchens and bathrooms, it's not my business but technically I'm self employed. Only my second year of business (ending April!)

I saw hill streams at the top, that's why I stopped by, I had some this year but it didn't go so well? I thought they would live at least 3 years or more.
Stunning little group of fishes.

Mirpur. That should be some where in the Punjab or Kashmir. They've got a couple of villages and towns by that name on both sides of the LOC between India and Pakistan. I stay in the southern verdant state of Kerala. Its never too cold here and neither is it too unbearably hot. But it tends to get humid and stuffy when there's not much of a breeze. Its about 24 degrees now. We have two seasons of Monsoon here. One is in april, may, june and the returning monsoons just got over a month ago.

Hill stream loaches are an interesting bunch of fishes. I though what I had was some sort of dwarf pleco till I was corrected by a helpful person in AA. They need a good amount of flowing water as does my cabamaba plants so I've set my filter outlet focussed at the plants and the loaches tend to stay in that area most of the time

I am from.... Indiaaaa !

Sent from my "I don't want you to know" phone using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Maharashtra... Pune.. It's nots so happening for fish keeping hobbyist... Lol

I'm Ciju by the way, whats your name? What type of tank, fish do you have?

Chetan here.. I have a 12 gallon tank... With 6 neon tetras and a dwarf gourami(just got him like 30 mins back) ... Thinking of getting some amano shrimps

Hi Chetan. I'd love to have Amano shrimps too, but don't know where to get them. Saw a few local shrimp that resembled Amano but, apparently they ate plants so couldn't risk that.

I had to order the shrimps

Where do you order from? Do they deliver any where in India?

I ordered them with my LFS.. I know him well.. So he does get some stuff for me

2 Amanos just for 129 bucks.. :D

Back
Top Bottom