Anyone here owned thier own aquatics shop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman94

Aquarium Advice Freak
If so have you got any pointers? I've been planning on opening my own shop for a few years now I just got a few things to figure out.

All I know is that severum mumma and HN1 have a mini buisness where they sell fish online on the foum.

I'm not sure if it's the same for retail but i talked to an aquatics distributor recently who told me that his biggest seller is fish medications. but keep in mind that he doesn't sell livestock.

best of luck

We seem have new stores popping up all the time in Northern Ireland, though none seem to last past a few months. I think it's very hard to get customers away from there set stores, though all it takes is a store with a bit of class - the new ones opening are pretty cheap looking. We also got Maidenhead aquatics recently which has put a cat amongst the pigeons with our local LFS, they do have a fantastic selection - especially South American Cichlids, I was like a kid in a candy store when I walked in.

Back
Top Bottom