DIY Python

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ickletas

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been scouring the t'interweb for days looking for somewhere in the UK that supplies Python (or similar) tank cleaning kits. Found very few and all of those were sold out. So then I searched for instructions to a DIY version, most of which I didn't understand. Then I stumbled on this little gem
How To Make A Diy Python - Tropical Fish Forums

It looks simple enough that even I could do it, so I'm off to B&Q! I'll let you know how I get on :D

Well I've got the bits and fitted them together, took about 5 minutes and I spent about £20. So far so good, now I've just got to try it out :D

Very cool DIY post pictures of yours! I don't know if they sell those connectors in the states but now I want to go down to lowes and see what I can make.

Well, it kinda worked I think I have a few kinks to iron out lol. I don't think the water pressure in my kitchen is quite up to scratch, so I tried my downstairs bathroom but I think that's too far away. Managed to get a trickle through but it would have taken forever and I couldn't leave it alone or it would stop. So, I'm going to buy a t shaped piece to replace the y, some people have had better results with that. I will keep you updated with progress.........again :D

Ian with rook I bought the python and I just hook it right to the tap and when I vac I just run the hose out the front door or window it takes more water to siphon then to fill your tank Iam on well water and I don't do it I wouldn't want to see a water bill if you have mts

Back
Top Bottom