Hello from Ireland!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 240lt bow front community tank
Only got back in to it 6 months ago, had twins come along a couple years back
So did not have the time for it. At the moment i have 3 angels 2 bala sharks a red rail shark, a couple of pleco, 3 kuli loach and 5 sterba corys. All living peacefully :)

Ye I started buying stress coat 1.9llitre 24€ delivered from eBay as opposed 23.49€ 475ml in shop
What are them other products you listed for? Prime I heard of I was told not to use it in a planted tank it removes some of nutrients needed for plants?
You CAN use prime in a planted tank. It's probably the most used declor on AA and many members use it with planted tanks. It's a bit more expensive initially but long term, it works out cheaper. 1Litre of Prime treats 10,000 US gallons of water, that's 37,854ltrs!!!. Stress Coat can't be used when running Purigen. Purigen is great at removing/absorbing toxins in the water, it also polishes the water. Matrix is a bio-media, 1ltr of it has the same surface area of 250ltrs of bio-balls. De-nitrate removes Nitrates but can only be used in filters with a flow of less than 50gph. New Life Spectrum, great food for all types of fish. My fish go mad for it. If you google the above products, it will give you a more detailed explanation of their benefits....

Welcome to AA Abo, already tried to convince Ian to head to seahorse :)
Sorry Davep, I was too lazy to check back on the thread to get your name. That's what happens when you multi-post!!!

Oh right I went to buy it before and was advised against it for planted tank like everything in this hobby tink a lot of different opinions! Never had prob with nitrates regular wc and heavily planted.

Davep I'm dosing co2 have fire extinguishers setup far cheaper than 500g tanks from shops

Oh right I went to buy it before and was advised against it for planted tank like everything in this hobby tink a lot of different opinions! Never had prob with nitrates regular wc and heavily planted.
I know, everyone has an opinion. I use it in all my tanks, including planted no issues. I have a link somewhere for getting it in America cheaper. When you run low on the stress coat and if you want the Prime, give me a shout and i'll send you the link....

Another Irish lad here. Haven't been active on this site in good while. 125l running 2 years now. Recently just acquired a 250l coffee table aquarium. In the process of setting it up. Be great to keep in touch with people closer than across the pond

In ferbane. Co Offaly. Lived in trim for a while not that long back

Hi.

Just found this thread. Another irish lad here. I'm in co. Roscommon

Back
Top Bottom