Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Over the Pond - EU & Beyond
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #51
Abo
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Ah good stuff.ive had tanks for little over a yr started off with 20gal very mixed community it was bad start my lfs give bad advice but I've learned from my mistakes I now have 3 tanks 40g 55g and 12g shrimp tank my most recent got 4wks ago already have baby shrimp happy days.i only buy from seahorse aquariums now long spin but worth it all local pet shops have bad advice and unhealthy fish.what kind of set up do u have urself?

Old 12-30-2013, 06:09 PM   #52
Abo

Hello from Ireland!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388441322.395137.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	214320Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388441343.860271.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	214321Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388441372.952725.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	214324
Some pics

Old 12-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abo View Post
Yeah I've heard great things about Seahorse, another member here shops there too. I plan a visit there very soon myself. I have a 12g, soon to be planted, a 15g planted(platy fry, neons and corys) and a 55g, very understocked(2 Kribensis, 3 cories). I plan I converting into an African cichlid set-up.....
Beautiful tanks you have there mate....
Old 12-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #54
Abo

Cheers.ye there def worth a visit was up again on Sunday always have good selection always busy too.ye I like the cichlids myself would love to add another big tank but don't tink floor in my house could take it!! Have you been keeping fish long?
Old 12-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Cheers.ye there def worth a visit was up again on Sunday always have good selection always busy too.ye I like the cichlids myself would love to add another big tank but don't tink floor in my house could take it!! Have you been keeping fish long?
I want to fill up my wallet before I go up there. I visit the website the whole time, it could turn out to be a full day trip!!. The manager in my LFS wants to go with me, It might give him some ideas. I think we'd all love more tanks, I would, if I could sneak it in the house without the other half noticing...haha.
I've had tanks on and off since I was a young kid, goldfish in a tank too small. Only being serious about it for about 5yrs now. God bless the internet and AA!!!
Old 12-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #56
Abo

Ha ye only prob with internet more ya c the more ya want. Convincing the other half always the tough part but dey always *** round in the end! In seahorse for every 25€ you spend u get a stamp collect 10 and u get 50€ to spend on fish or plants. I had two full cards that I built up for awhile and month ago they had really nice L014 plecos 75€ each I got two for 50€ with my stamps once you start you wil be filling books of stamps in no time!!
Old 12-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Ha ye only prob with internet more ya c the more ya want. Convincing the other half always the tough part but dey always *** round in the end! In seahorse for every 25€ you spend u get a stamp collect 10 and u get 50€ to spend on fish or plants. I had two full cards that I built up for awhile and month ago they had really nice L014 plecos 75€ each I got two for 50€ with my stamps once you start you wil be filling books of stamps in no time!!
That's a great deal. So if I bought a filter for 250+, basically I can get 50e worth of fish or plants??
Old 12-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #58
Abo

Ye unless an item is on special like wen I bought my tanks dey wer on sale so don't get stamps but lots of other ways to collect em!! They also hav lots of really cool display tanks marine and aquascaped freshwater tanks
Old 12-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #59
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Ye unless an item is on special like wen I bought my tanks dey wer on sale so don't get stamps but lots of other ways to collect em!! They also hav lots of really cool display tanks marine and aquascaped freshwater tanks
I find it's sometimes cheaper to buy equipment/supplies from the US and get it shipped over, Prime/Purigen/Matrix/De-Nitrate/New Life Spectrum Food(I know Seahorse has this now).....
Old 12-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #60
Abo

Ye I started buying stress coat 1.9llitre 24€ delivered from eBay as opposed 23.49€ 475ml in shop
What are them other products you listed for? Prime I heard of I was told not to use it in a planted tank it removes some of nutrients needed for plants?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com