Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Over the Pond - EU & Beyond
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #81
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyk View Post
Hi.

Just found this thread. Another irish lad here. I'm in co. Roscommon
Hey Tommy. We'll definitely be taking this forum over soon...lol. I think we are nearly in double figures.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #82
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

New tank

Recently set up coffee table tank and put my danios in it last Sunday took them out today as I now have fry.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:57 PM   #83
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
Recently set up coffee table tank and put my danios in it last Sunday took them out today as I now have fry.
Is it Danio fry???. Any pics
Old 03-09-2014, 08:12 AM   #84

Danio fry

Here's a video. The best I can do cause they've so small. Reckon there is about 50
Attached Files
Old 03-12-2014, 06:05 AM   #85
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hi to all,

Just a quick query. I have seen a couple of our American friends on this site talking about fish auctions that take place. Just wondering does anything like this ever take place in Ireland.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:26 PM   #86

Danio fry

Here is the latest video of the fry at 5 days old. Reckon some of them are only couple of days old. Must have hatched later. Think I underestimated the quantity. There must be a hundred.
Attached Files
Old 03-13-2014, 10:05 PM   #87
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cool Bazza. That some amount you have there. What's the plan for them. Have you got a LFS store that will take them??
Old 03-13-2014, 10:16 PM   #88

They have said they will once they look like good fish. There is 3 other stores close by if it comes to it but hope the one I use takes them. Hadn't planned on that many. May have left the adults in 1 day too long. Ooops. Could u see the video. I can't watch it on the site
Old 03-13-2014, 10:33 PM   #89
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
They have said they will once they look like good fish. There is 3 other stores close by if it comes to it but hope the one I use takes them. Hadn't planned on that many. May have left the adults in 1 day too long. Ooops. Could u see the video. I can't watch it on the site
Will they give you credit or cash or are they just taking them for free!!. Yeah video plays no problem. My platy is giving birth as we speak. The little madam is also munching on them, 10 saved so far. I raised her from fry, so I have the grandparents, parents and now the grandkids. Only problem is, they are inbred. I'm not sure whether to hold onto all the platys. I'm in the process of setting up a new 29g and don't really know what stock I'm going with. They are beautiful but very messy. I have a soft spot for guppies, so maybe i'll go with them or endlers....
Old 03-13-2014, 10:43 PM   #90

I don't mind if they give me nothing once they can be taken. He did say we could do some sort of deal. I just wanted to see fry develop as when I got my first tank I had fry straight away but couldn't save them. Especially now with barbs in the tank they wouldn't have a chance to survive. So I moved my danio into my new tank to let them breed. They are now back in the original tank. Maybe they mite give me my first fish for the second tank for free in exchange for the fry. Have u someone to take the platy fry? I have been following your thread on your 29g. Looks like it going to be ace

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com