Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Over the Pond - EU & Beyond
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Little green thing

Hi there,i put 2 clown fish in 3 weeks ago and all was well, until i put in a new piece of LR and 3 turban snails,2 red legged Hermits and an orange spotted long expensive snail. Then yesterday the larger of the clowns died and today the other one is gone. Ive checked parameters and they are all fine. Can anyone offer a reason why please. I also have some bright green worm looking things that are soft to the touch that need an ID. One more please. Out of the new LR i have a brown colored anenome type thing that pops out of the rock. Please help Thanx

Old 08-23-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Can u post pics of the anemone thing? I believe it is likely to be Aiptasia but without a pic can't be sure. As for the green worm thing... I'm sure you will find that is an algae called Neomeris. Neomeris is completely harmless and actually good for the system.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

cant get you a pix

Hi there thanks for reply. Ive taken a pix but cant crack their code for inserting it, dont understand 'insert url' . I can only work with pic's and mobile camera. So, thanks anyway. If i can work it out then i shall resume this thread with you. Cheers for now
Old 08-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If you upload them to photobucket you can just copy paste the IMG code.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Pix

[you upload them to photobucket you can just copy paste the IMG code.[/QUOTE]
Bit late in reply but get real busy this time of year.

Okaaaaaaaaaaay! Where do i find 'photobucket' please. IMG code?
Ive even used my camera to load some pix in pictures folder but when i copy and paste i get 'invalid file'

While we're at it do i really need the extra PH i am presently using. I seem to be getting loadsa hair algea where the water is mainly heading. Also my little critters all seem to prefer the rear of my LR.
I really am new to marine , i can tell you!
Old 08-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

ok well maybe the hair algae is because your nitrates and phosphates are too high. they both should be as low as poss. what is your pH? what critters are we talking about here and how long have they been in the tank?
Old 08-29-2011, 01:55 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie

test results

hi, my PH reading is 8.2 ,Nitate is 05ppm, Calcium seems quite high with a reading of 520, Phosphate is neglible ,dkh is 179ppm or 10 dkh. Criters are a Pepermint shrimp a cleaner shrimp 4 red leg Hermits and 6 Turbos. Shrimps have only been in tank 3 days the snails since July. Will the airstone i use be bad for the system? Cheers for now

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com