Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Over the Pond - EU & Beyond
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-27-2011, 06:45 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I hope for your sake that you didn't go to my school, I went to shenley court! I'm guessing you went to colmers or gannow then living around rubery?

Cheers I look forward to seeing your picks, I might pay Barnett hill a visit tomorrow as it's payday and i want a canister filter, my crappy internal filters aren't doing the business and take up precious room in my 125 litre tank! I'll let you know if i spot any interesting malawis there.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden
I hope for your sake that you didn't go to my school, I went to shenley court! I'm guessing you went to colmers or gannow then living around rubery?

Cheers I look forward to seeing your picks, I might pay Barnett hill a visit tomorrow as it's payday and i want a canister filter, my crappy internal filters aren't doing the business and take up precious room in my 125 litre tank! I'll let you know if i spot any interesting malawis there.
You guessed right colmers lol

As for your filter go to all pond solutions they have very good externals that where i got mine from it pumps 2000 lph for £75 go check them out and save money my friend let me know what you think

Cool please do let me know about barnett hill do me a favour lol ask Richard how my fish list is coming along lmao

Oh they also do internal filters to that turn 1850 lph for £30 im getting the power head think its £18 and in gonna make my own filter for it that way i can pick my own media

Old 04-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Just Google all pond salutations mate
Old 04-28-2011, 07:09 AM   #14

Colmers! I'm sorry to here that mate! maybe you do wish you had gone to my school after all! Only joking Lol

Cheers for the tip for that site they ate cheap I had a look, I'm not sure that i would need the 2000 ltr/hr unit, it would probably make quite strong current in my tank. I had a look at the reviews for the smaller ones and one bloke said it makes a bit of noise. Since my tank is in my bedroom so that would be a problem. I'm going to have a look around some shops and see if they have any offers on the well known brand filters maybe I can get a bit of money off they can't be selling many of them!

I'm impressed your making your own is it going to be external? Im not confident enough to try to make one, knowing me I would mess it up and flood the place!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

No problem hope you get one nice and cheap as they cost a **** of a lot i must say mine is quiat and in well impressed , no mate its just an internal filter in making from a power head

Let me know how you get on mate
Old 04-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #16

I have done the tour of local shops and I've ended up going for an aquamanta efx 200 it is Maidenhead aquatics own brand i think i haven't seen them anywhere else. it has a 800 ltr/hr flow rate I've set it up and is quiet and working well so hopefully that will be enough.

I paid £70 for it which is quite pricey compared with the ones you suggested, I think I probably should of got one from the website but I liked being able to have a talk through my options and a look through what it came with before I bought it. And I'm too impatient to wait any longer for delivery off the Internet especially with the long weekend coming up.

Oh and btw earlswood are winding down their stock to have a big refurb on there filter system so there isn't much in there. I went to barnett hill as well its not too bad but it's expensive £9 pound each for small and quite common malawis!
Old 04-29-2011, 06:00 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
I have done the tour of local shops and I've ended up going for an aquamanta efx 200 it is Maidenhead aquatics own brand i think i haven't seen them anywhere else. it has a 800 ltr/hr flow rate I've set it up and is quiet and working well so hopefully that will be enough.

I paid £70 for it which is quite pricey compared with the ones you suggested, I think I probably should of got one from the website but I liked being able to have a talk through my options and a look through what it came with before I bought it. And I'm too impatient to wait any longer for delivery off the Internet especially with the long weekend coming up.

Oh and btw earlswood are winding down their stock to have a big refurb on there filter system so there isn't much in there. I went to barnett hill as well its not too bad but it's expensive £9 pound each for small and quite common malawis!
Hi mate glad you got a filter sorted out and its now up and running if your happy with it thats all that matters oh and it does the job required lol , you may have done the best thing like you say with the bank holiday on us

Well thats save me a trip to Earlswood then thanks for letting me know , thats the only thing with Barnett Hill they are very expensive im in the middle of sending emails to an online delivery shop at the min if they come good i will let you know

So you thinking of getting Malawi Cichlids then any idea what sort yet as promised here is my list see if this helps at all

YELLOW -SUNSHINE PEACOCK
RED EMPRESS
RUSTY
NGANA PEACOCK
RUBIN RED PEACOCK
EUREKA RED
ELECTRIC BLUE
FIREFISH PEACOCK
GERMAN RED
YELLOW LAB
COBALT
GREEN FACED LETHRINOPS
LEMON JAKE
RED-CHERRY ZEBRA
GIRAFFE HAP
KENNYI YELLOW
MALERI
BLUE REGAL PEACOCK
MIDNIGHT PEACOCK
RED SHOULDER
SULFERHEAD-APACHE PEACOCK
ICE WHITE COLBALT ZEBRA
RED TOP ICE BLUE
MALERI THICK LIP
TAIWAN REEF
MARA ROCKS
LETHRINOPS INTERMEDIA

Paul
Old 04-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #18

I change my mind on whether I want to go for Africans, normally Malawi but not always, or a big marine tank. Marine is more effort but there are some really good fish and decent coral looks really good but having said that I have one of each now and I prefer my malawis. I guess I'll decide at the last minute when I get a new tank.

I like the look of your list, there's a few I haven't heard of before, I couldn't even find a picture of red top ice whites did you mean blue?

Good decision not to have any auratus in there, mine annoys the **** out of me, it's the most aggressive fish in the tank. I've heard red zebra are really aggressive as well, are cherry red zebra the same? Your tank size will help you out with aggression though.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

lol yes blue oooooppps as for the auratus not really my cup of tea reds can be quite aggressive so i have read too but they look stunning so im willing to take the risk
Old 04-30-2011, 05:49 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Just to let you know mate found another maidenhead aquatics at blooms garden centre worcester its on the A38 and theirs an aquatic centre 5 miles before it at fernel heath on the right hand side

Tags
cichlid, cichlids, ich, malawi

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com