Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Over the Pond - EU & Beyond

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Originally Posted by Benamayer View Post
Seems rather high for a system that is built to reduce nitrates naturally...
Its a bit on the high side... but not unheard of... its my tap. The plants seem to love it!

"Never argue with a idiot, they will drag you down to there level then beat you with experience." "One never needs their humor as much a when they argue with a fool."
Andrewz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Red face Fishtown...boo!

Live in the Catskills so I go to Fishtown once in a while...they have good malawi wood and that's about it...the owner is downright nasty!

I asked him once whether he medicated his new fish and he replied "all of my fish are healthy"...I would never buy from him...Absolutely Fish in Clifton is a better bet...lots of stock (usually good), but you still have to quarentine and medicate as soon as they get home...

I once lost 25 out of 50 rummy's...they were from my local store and at least he gave me 1/2 of my $ back...

Best bet...use a reputable breeder/importer...and definitely quarentine!

Good Luck!

Angelguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:40 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been going to fish town for all my life and then I realized how much they suck! There fish always die even with proper acclimation and everything. I found that pet warehouse in carles place longisland is amazing. Great selection. Very few casualties.
Cichlid.Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:13 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

How long had they been in the store? The vast majority of LFS don't QT and 30% loss is pretty normal for wholesale orders. Did you QT? How did you account for the large added load? Did you do anything to pre-build your colonies or do daily (+) PWCs to account for it?

Question everything you see on the internet. ~ George Orwell
HN1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com