Never going back to Fishtown USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seems rather high for a system that is built to reduce nitrates naturally...

Its a bit on the high side... but not unheard of... its my tap. The plants seem to love it!

attachment.php

Fishtown...boo!

:nono:Live in the Catskills so I go to Fishtown once in a while...they have good malawi wood and that's about it...the owner is downright nasty!

I asked him once whether he medicated his new fish and he replied "all of my fish are healthy"...I would never buy from him...Absolutely Fish in Clifton is a better bet...lots of stock (usually good), but you still have to quarentine and medicate as soon as they get home...

I once lost 25 out of 50 rummy's...they were from my local store and at least he gave me 1/2 of my $ back...

Best bet...use a reputable breeder/importer...and definitely quarentine!

Good Luck!

Angelguy

I have been going to fish town for all my life and then I realized how much they suck! There fish always die even with proper acclimation and everything. I found that pet warehouse in carles place longisland is amazing. Great selection. Very few casualties.

How long had they been in the store? The vast majority of LFS don't QT and 30% loss is pretty normal for wholesale orders. Did you QT? How did you account for the large added load? Did you do anything to pre-build your colonies or do daily (+) PWCs to account for it?

Back
Top Bottom