Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Over the Pond - EU & Beyond

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Newbie alert!

Hey guys and girls. As an early xmas present to myself I purchased a Roma 90 tank. I've set it all up and got it liveable. I got my first fish today (5 neons) but I'm wondering about timings for the lighting. Could any of you guys be helpful enough to suggest what kind of regime is the norm? Also I'm in north Essex. Anyone know of some good friendly aquatic centres around this neck of the woods? Thanks in advance.

Tailsjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular
Welcome to the forum.

Do you have a planted set up, i.e. live plants?

Tropical plants can take anything between 10-12 hours a day as they are used to the long light exposure. If you dont have plants, then anything goes really but i wouldnt really recommend anything over 12 hours as you may get problems with algae growth (if you dont have plants) and your fish need the dark times.

I have mine on 12pm-11pm and have live plants.

Not sure about Essex area, but Maidenhead Aquatics have various outlets, along with Aquajardin.

H2OJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to AA

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com