Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Over the Pond - EU & Beyond
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Freak

The staff at Maidenhead are all very clued up, worth going there over any other Lfs I know of to be honest!

Old 01-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Freak

I don't even rate Maidenhead

Old 01-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman94
I don't even rate Maidenhead
I'm with you, every time I've been to a maiden head they have nothing, no special species of fish or any good products. Their plants were infested and everything is pricey .
Old 01-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The maiden near me are the best fish shop I have ever been to and I have been to loads all over the country but the pets at home are disgusting the way they treat there livestock
Old 01-22-2012, 02:50 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice Freak

More dead fish at maidenhead
Old 01-22-2012, 07:13 AM   #46
Aquarium Advice Freak

I actually think it comes down to the staff in each store. The difference between PaH and Maidenhead is that PaH tend to employ a lot of part time staff on minimum wage that don't really know a lot about fish (there are a few exceptions but rarely) whereas maidenhead have a lot more long term staff and many of there managers are actually shareholders of the company with vested interest in the success of their company. It sounds like you guys who have seen the dead fish in Maidenhead have been unlucky and gone to some shite stores. I cannot defend all of the stores as I have been to some myself that could do with improvement but I know i would prefer to buy my livestock from Maidenhead than most others.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #47
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulace2372
I actually think it comes down to the staff in each store. The difference between PaH and Maidenhead is that PaH tend to employ a lot of part time staff on minimum wage that don't really know a lot about fish (there are a few exceptions but rarely) whereas maidenhead have a lot more long term staff and many of there managers are actually shareholders of the company with vested interest in the success of their company. It sounds like you guys who have seen the dead fish in Maidenhead have been unlucky and gone to some shite stores. I cannot defend all of the stores as I have been to some myself that could do with improvement but I know i would prefer to buy my livestock from Maidenhead than most others.
I agree totally
Old 01-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict

I buy most of my fish from maidenhead aquatics.Im lucky to have windsor,Reading and winersh near me they are all very good and the staff are clued up.Saturday I am going to the Woking branch.I like the stock list so I hope the shop is a good one
Old 01-27-2012, 05:43 AM   #49
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfy View Post
I buy most of my fish from maidenhead aquatics.Im lucky to have windsor,Reading and winersh near me they are all very good and the staff are clued up.Saturday I am going to the Woking branch.I like the stock list so I hope the shop is a good one
I am also in the south Garfy, I wouldn't mind hearing what you think of the Woking branch as I have not been there.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:57 AM   #50
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well I think I'm going to go today so I will report back later.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com