Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Over the Pond - EU & Beyond

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #81
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by StuMcc99

I can't find there website, can you tell me what it is please?
Seapets. It autocorrected it. Lol.

Samzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #82
Aquarium Advice Addict
Yesterday I picked up 3 really healthy looking rams. Seem to be doing okay and are only 3/4 of an inch. I'm supposed by the quality of the fish I have to say

Samzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #83
Aquarium Advice Regular
I've bought fish from them before and won't be anymore. Went in to get some dog food the other week and counted at least 2 tanks with dead fish in them. Doesn't set much of an example! Wouldn't expect to see a dead animal in any pet store!
H2OJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #84
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I brought my first few fish from there and they seemed ok but the people didn't have much of a clue what they were doing. Maidenhead aquatics are brilliant and I have two stores near me and the guys down at Wheatley are brilliant and to fish are all in great shape. Also they have tons to chose from and all variations. Top chain imo
ForZiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #85
Maidenhead aquatics are great and all the staff know what they are talking about, pah near me are really good but i think its mostly due to the fact that the ones i have spoken to own fish. i have brought most of my fish from them and they've lasted but i have noticed that fish like there neons have been dead in the tanks but as soon as i told them they removed them and put a sign up saying the fish are being treated.
Juwel Vision 180 Tank with 1 (pink) community bulb and 1 blue moon bulb, black background and black gravel:
1 Bristlenose Pleco, 2 Bala Sharks, 3 black tetras, 3 mickey mouse platys, 3 normal platys, 7 hariquines, 3 male guppies, 6 female guppies and 4 female bettas.
Damojoker13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #86
P@H in Gloucester doesn't seem too bad. Only ever seen one or two dead fish in the years i've been going in. They have spare tanks that are used as hospital tanks with signs saying so and they will ask about your tank at home. They won't sell if they don't think it's good enough.
MummyDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:56 AM   #87
Pets At Home "No way"

Pets at home in Drumchapel, Glasgow also has poor fish tanks.
Plenty of dead fish in tanks.
I buy my fish from Dobbies Milngavie, Glasgow as they seem in good condition.
Tardis1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #88
Originally Posted by richardh View Post
My local pah in Sheffield has well kept tanks and I've never seen a dead fish in any of them. They seem to have a high turnover of fish. There's always a different selection every time I visit. I wouldn't go to them for advice though, the people I've spoken to are less knowledgeable than a newbie like me!
Which Pets at Home in Sheffield do you use?

I go to the one by the Matalan/Britano on Chesterfield Road (?), and they have good stock and clean tanks. Advice ranges from subpar to excellent depending on who you get. The lad with longish hair is excellent.

Then again, again the Pets at Home out near Crystal Peaks is generally rubbish.
Thranta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:47 AM   #89
Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've mixed feelings about the PaH in Milton Keynes. I bought my starter fish from them and they were great, sturdy fish that have flourshed.

A fortnight or so ago I bought a 3 mollies and 4 guppies and lost 2 mollies overnight.

I find much better knowledge, advice and selection at hobbyfish but the prices are higher, but worth paying.
DaveT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #90
You get good and bad at every store chain

Even some branches of maidenhead aquatics are rubbish

I think it also depends what area they are in
Ruff area = ruff staff

T1KARMANN is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com