Reccomendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lum

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I know im asking alot but could someone maybe give me a link to a decent starter tank and fish species, im completely new to this and all the websites are confusing me with things i dont understand, thanks.

Welcome Aboard!

What kind of fish do you like? That's where I'd suggest you start. Tetras, WC minnows, Betta's are all good starter fish IMO. If you first decide what you want, then look at tanks that are appropriate for that species when they're adult size (ie don't get a 10g tank for a goldfish that needs 20g minimum), you'll have a good first tank.

Here's a kit that I have and it's my favorite, the only thing I added was a heater. I posted a UK link, but it should be available no matter what country you're in.

Fluval EBI Nano Shrimp Habitat 30L - 10511 - AquariumSuperstore - The UK's Leading Online Aquatic Retailer

This is a shrimp kit and they're a ton of fun to watch, but mine is a Betta community tank with Cardinal Tetras and plants, here's a link to my build thread with info that might help. Fluval has the same thing in a planted version call the Flora kit.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...val-ebi-with-betta-as-centerpiece-146503.html

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom