So far so good??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Filbey

Aquarium Advice Regular
So we are 8 days into my first ever aquarium and I just did my first PWC it's a 95ltr tank and I changed 10ltrs. Now I know I shouldn't have put fish in yet but that's a mistake I will have to live with!!

I dont have a test kit yet but will take a sample to my LFS later today. What sort of figures am I looking for so early??

Also my 4 cherry barbs all look happy and healthy they swim alot and play in the bubble stream of my filter

I thank you all for your continued support. I never knew before how much I didn't know, but I'm still glad I've undertaken this task!

You should probably be doing a pwc every day until you can get your own test kit, the ammonia and nitrite need to stay at .25ppm or below to keep your fish safe. When it is cycled, you will have 0 ammonia.
When the shop tests it, it will probably only show ammonia, since it's only been running for 8 days.

When I was going through my cycle, I did 50-70% water changes every day, it just depends on the ammonia levels. For now, I would do at least a 25% water change every day, until you get that kit.

is that the only fish you have in the tank 4 cherry barbs
i agree with dkpate you need a test kit and test every day you should only have ammonia at this stage and it will most probs be very high

Back
Top Bottom