Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Over the Pond - EU & Beyond
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 05-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #141
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidpaul View Post
Hi kites you new here

New to this forum yes, have been keeping fish for a few years, currently have a 4ft trop, but have now aquired a 6ft 6 tank and am in the process of collecting all the bits to get her up and running.
__________________

__________________
kites1664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:33 PM   #142
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
cichlidpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK , Birmingham
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by kites1664 View Post
New to this forum yes, have been keeping fish for a few years, currently have a 4ft trop, but have now aquired a 6ft 6 tank and am in the process of collecting all the bits to get her up and running.

Wow nice size tank have you made your mind up as what your going to put in it
__________________

__________________
120 gallon malawi
cichlidpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:33 AM   #143
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 43
Lincs UK
__________________
Ethreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:08 PM   #144
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidpaul View Post
Wow nice size tank have you made your mind up as what your going to put in it

WIll be set up as a community tank , freshwater, will transfer the stock from the 4ft and then build up the shoals of tetras, red lines etc. Hope to add a pair of kribs and some more corys.

finding it quite hard to select more stock that I like and are compatible with water type round here, as it's fairly hard and not really want to go down the full chichlid route at the mo.

lots to think about
__________________
kites1664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:27 PM   #145
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
cichlidpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK , Birmingham
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by kites1664 View Post
WIll be set up as a community tank , freshwater, will transfer the stock from the 4ft and then build up the shoals of tetras, red lines etc. Hope to add a pair of kribs and some more corys.

finding it quite hard to select more stock that I like and are compatible with water type round here, as it's fairly hard and not really want to go down the full chichlid route at the mo.

lots to think about

Why dont you soften your water just add some a fair bit of bog wood that should do the trick then you can have the fish you want
Their is alot to cichlids i.e like water turn over from the filter as its recommended you have a very high turn over 9 times an hour is good
__________________
120 gallon malawi
cichlidpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #146
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
ainsleynee87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 14
I'm from Nottingham
__________________
ainsleynee87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #147
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
cichlidpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK , Birmingham
Posts: 515
Kites do what you feel you are happy with i have seen a large tank full of small fish like tetras and barbs so on and it looks cool my friend
__________________
120 gallon malawi
cichlidpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #148
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by felybee
I go to Christ Church. What did she study there?
I went there!! What's it like these days?

Living in Cambs now
__________________
leikela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #149
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 231
Hi, just seen this post!! I'm from beside aberdeen in Scotland!! Nice to see other 'brits' here
I've got a 190 litre trogon tank which has only been up and running a week so still need help!! Please feel free to get in touch
__________________
Scottishnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #150
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
cichlidpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK , Birmingham
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottishnewbie View Post
Hi, just seen this post!! I'm from beside aberdeen in Scotland!! Nice to see other 'brits' here
I've got a 190 litre trogon tank which has only been up and running a week so still need help!! Please feel free to get in touch
Scottish if you need any help you only have to ask
__________________

__________________
120 gallon malawi
cichlidpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.