UK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
senemedar said:
Speaking of Pets At Home--
I went there yesterday to replenish some of the stock eaten by my Monster Shrimps, and on the way I took some water to test. I just tested it at home for Ammonia and Nitrites and it was as it should, but just wanted to make sure the pH and Nitrates levels are OK as well. Since they have the API testkit, little lady took the comprehensive test anyway, and imagine my surprise, when the Ammonia reading was around 5 and the Nitrite levels went off the chart!
Completely baffled I didn't get any fishes (just in case) but decided to test the water again at home, and - today - at different pet store. Both of them test confirmed my very first readings - everything's all right with water :confused:
I don't even want to know, what they did wrong anymore. Giving this kind of advice is unacceptable, to say the least :nono:

That was the final straw for me, and I don't think I'll get anything more from this store anymore - which is a shame, because they do have the widest choice and some rare fishes as wel... :(

Oh! And they did sold the Monster Shrimps to the couple that came after me, and when I tried to warn them the seller just shrugged me off and said: "They'll be all-right" :banghead:

It is disgusting that they can pull there little form out and judge and question us when 99 per cent of us on this forum no more than they do

Beachgrove said:
I've just joined and i'm from ayrshire aswell. just starting up a new discus aquarium. have any of you folks got some handy tips???

Do you want it planted? I am a member of a website that gives you tips and has every plant you can put in a discus tank it is label, do you live in the UK?

have ordered plants through a web site already, although i have been waiting for them to arrive for over a week which is slightly anoying me. Thanks for the offer. Tips are always welcome though so you could give me the details.

cheers

Hi good to see more Brits joining all the time:dance:. Fraid i have never kept Discus :oops:. The only thing me mate up the shop said was that they really do require R/O water,they like it allot warmer and prefer to live in groups:fish2: That's about my knowledge on Discus I'm afraid:(

Hi. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on the " super vc-10 hap" otherwise known as the placidochromis milomo. Have been looking to get it for quite some time, but can't get any first hand advice with it. Any advice greatly appreciated

Hi all , don't mean to upset the " apple cart " but I work in Pah . I don't claim to be the most knowledgable but I am OATA trained, I know more than the basics.'please only speak out of first hand

Hi I have first hand experience with regards to" amano, or " fresh water shrimp", I'm currently raising a blue in colour " long armed shrimp" who is approx 5.5 inches after only 6 months. I bought him and he was only 1 cm ish. I have anoTher three shrimp in there about 2-2.5 cm, but I have a monster, he is no trouble yet. But he will soon be in the 400 litre

Wagbo said:
Hi I have first hand experience with regards to" amano, or " fresh water shrimp", I'm currently raising a blue in colour " long armed shrimp" who is approx 5.5 inches after only 6 months. I bought him and he was only 1 cm ish. I have anoTher three shrimp in there about 2-2.5 cm, but I have a monster, he is no trouble yet. But he will soon be in the 400 litre

How big do they get

Hi, having done some research I have read that they get to approx 15 cm.approx. Do t quote me on it though. He no trouble. Any ideas as to how to get my pics o line. I'm using an I phone

Back
Top Bottom