UK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still trying to figure out how to do everything on here, but if you check out my facebook then there is an album of them a couple of weeks ago, they have grown alot already since then. My name is James roe, and obviously from Southampton, check it out and I'll update some new pics of the growing piranha and of the shrimps when I get a chance :)

aronzart said:
im from Dartford,London.. just new in town, originally from New York,NY

Hey, nice to have you! I'm just down the road in Gravesend. Hope dartford is treating you well.

By the way guys if anyone around the south coast of the uk is looking for any red cherry shrimp, or other breeds such as red crystal's etc I dealt with a fantastic breeder today. And charged me only £18 for around 30 shrimp. If you go by the price of red cheers at maidenhead aquatics then they should have cost £90 at thier price of £3 per shrimp. So good colony's and good prices :) let me know if you want details

Roelo69 said:
Nice to know there are a few people close to home who may be able to offer advice :) I've got two set ups at the moment, one which houses my five red belly piranha, and a plec. And just today I've finished setting up my breeding tank for red cherry shrimps :)

What do you feed your piranhas if you don't mind me asking.Reason I ask is I used to keep them in the early 90's and I fed them goldfish but these days shops here in England won't sell feeders anymore.

Current piranha diet

What do you feed your piranhas if you don't mind me asking.Reason I ask is I used to keep them in the early 90's and I fed them goldfish but these days shops here in England won't sell feeders anymore.

:fish1:

At the moment they are being fed on a selection of things. I'm quite lucky because I know a couple of game keepers and have access to a trout farm so they are getting a varied diet of bloodworm, algea wafers, trout, some lovely deer hearts that my game keeper friend gave me, sliced and frozen in portions same as the trout as I get given them live I get to prepare them I think is best for the piranha. I'm also in the process of starting to breed red cherry shrimp to give them something to actively hunt.
Your right about the fish shops, it's now illegal to sell any live vertebrate to be used as food by another animal. But the shrimps are invertebrates so no problem there :)

Yeah I'm from north London... Doesn't seem to be many decent aquatics shops here

Wilkes said:
Yeah I'm from north London... Doesn't seem to be many decent aquatics shops here

Have you not got a decent maidenhead aquatics near you?I hear the st Albans branch is a pretty good one.
I use a site called tropical fish finder.You put in the family and fish name and it comes up with a list of stores that have that particular fish.

The only problem is being in London I depend on public transport. Apparently there is one near wembley

Wilkes said:
The only problem is being in London I depend on public transport. Apparently there is one near wembley

I've been to the wembley branch and it's pretty good quite a large shop with cold water,tropical and marine in abundance.Well worth a visit IMO .

Yeah I'll have to take a trip on the bus if there is a route to the wembley maidenhead aquatics.. Just visted the one in Brighton very expensive and not a great selection to be honest. The closest to me is Jumanji Pets in Kilburn, North London.

Yeah I'll have to take a trip on the bus if there is a route to the wembley maidenhead aquatics.. Just visted the one in Brighton very expensive and not a great selection to be honest. The closest to me is Jumanji Pets in Kilburn, North London.
If you can get to Crewes Hill in Enfield by train then not only have you got Maidenheads but 4 other fish shops to visit!

Back
Top Bottom