UK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Somerset is a lovely part of the world to be in, I drive down there quite often from Southampton :)

Hi, new to the site. Doing a bit of scouting before buying a marine set-up.

From Northamptonshire

I've never really got involved with marine tanks, but I've always thought that it would be good to get some experience with them. Let us know how it goes

Will do, will upload a photo when it's all done Seen a 160 litre setup thats in my price range that i think i'll go for, can't really go much bigger than that due to space limitations. Just in the process of doing some serious reading up of cycling at the moment.

If anyone wants to purchase any red cherry shrimp around Hampshire then I know a very grood breeder. I saw some for sale in maidenhead aquatics at £7 a shrimp!! I get them for 75p each. E-mail me for details :)

Roelo69 said:
If anyone wants to purchase any red cherry shrimp around Hampshire then I know a very grood breeder. I saw some for sale in maidenhead aquatics at £7 a shrimp!! I get them for 75p each. E-mail me for details :)

I'd love to have some, unfortunately I'm in Staffs... Does anyone know any good breeders near Derby??

The breeder I know will post shrimp as well, packaged and with heat pads etc if needed :)

Roelo69 said:
The breeder I know will post shrimp as well, packaged and with heat pads etc if needed :)

Does he guarantee live delivery or replace D.O.A's?

I would be very interested in a handful if it wasn't for the fact I live a few hundred miles away!

Does he guarantee live delivery or replace D.O.A's?

I would be very interested in a handful if it wasn't for the fact I live a few hundred miles away!

Obviously no one can guarantee live delivery if posting live stock, but I'd have to check about the replacements, I think it's a case of if you can provide a photo of the bag unopened showing any losses and all still sealed then it's fine. But as I say I can check for anyone who is interested. If anyone wants more details then e-mail me personally on roelo69@yahoo.co.uk, and I'll help however I can :)

I have never had live stock delivered before so would be a bit nervous you see but I was wanting to get a small colony of shrimp to keep my breeding tank clean. I have emailed you.

I have sent you an email :) I can personally stand up and say that the quality of his shrimp are very high and he is a pleasure to deal with so I'm sure he will be happy to answer any of your questions

Right guys, I have been in contact with the shrimp breeder I know and have a guideline of prices and delivery costs. As stated they are very good quality shrimp at nice low prices, so I'm happy to spread the word to all my fellow fish keepers on here :) just e-mail me for details

Is there anybody around the Hampshire area of the uk that would be interested in buying 2x beautiful juvenile red belly piranha's? They are all eating well, I currently have 5 of them but due to space limitations I won't be able to house all of them when they reach adult size :-( I currently have a 350l tank running which will be home to the three I'm keeping. You'll need a decent size tank if you are wantin to keep red bellies, but once you are set up they are deffonately very interesting to watch and feed. They are on a diet at the moment of trout, muscles, bloodworm, algae wafers, deer heart and even carrot once in a while. They seem to love the varied diet. If you want any details then feel free to message me, I just want to see them go to a good home where they will be looked after :)

Last edited:
I'm about to be moving into east Devon near Honiton. Does anyone know a good marine Lfs around the area? Thanks Jonty

I'm about to be moving into east Devon near Honiton. Does anyone know a good marine Lfs around the area? Thanks Jonty
Hi its a great area having been there on holiday.:) As for a decent marine shop,sorry cannot help! Best idea would be to try the pfk shop finder section on there website:)

Is there anybody around the Hampshire area of the uk that would be interested in buying 2x beautiful juvenile red belly piranha's? They are all eating well, I currently have 5 of them but due to space limitations I won't be able to house all of them when they reach adult size :-( I currently have a 350l tank running which will be home to the three I'm keeping. You'll need a decent size tank if you are wantin to keep red bellies, but once you are set up they are deffonately very interesting to watch and feed. They are on a diet at the moment of trout, muscles, bloodworm, algae wafers, deer heart and even carrot once in a while. They seem to love the varied diet. If you want any details then feel free to message me, I just want to see them go to a good home where they will be looked after :)
Hi there is a new website dedicated to helping fish. {rehoming etc}
Fish Rescue & Welfare - Index
Its still a fairly new site so cannot guarantee success but will do all they can to help:)

Back
Top Bottom