Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Over the Pond - EU & Beyond
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-29-2011, 01:25 PM   #221
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

another guy from hampshire here, im in Gosport.. there is only 1 LFS here and its not so great so i use maidenhead aquatics in titchfield. any other suggestions for local shops in the area??

Old 07-29-2011, 04:04 PM   #222
Aquarium Advice Freak

Titchfield very good and staff good! I would suggest north end aquatics on Kingston road in Portsmouth, on the corner of powerscourt road. I know the one in gosport and have to agree! Also I would strongly recommend going further afield to eastleigh and look in tropical paradise! Amazing corals and I found the people in there very knowledgable! Other than that- creature comforts in totton, Maidenhead in fairoak, aquajarden in fairoak. All a little trek from gosport but worth a look! Hopefully someone else will chime in with some that I have not heard of and I will be taking a look this weekend!

Old 07-30-2011, 12:46 PM   #223
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badman85 View Post
Thanks alot for all the comments, I'm gonna get some egg crate just to be on the safe side.

I think I'm gonna go with the ocean rock because it is less expensive (on a buget lol).

How much do u think I will need I have no idea I'm new to all this. Also how would I go about cleaning ocean rock?

Once again thanks for all you're comments.
Hi ya Badman

you could just do what i did and use aquatic sealer and stick them striaght to the bottom of the tank and build up just leave it 24 hours befor adding water
Old 08-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #224

Hi everyone. I'm down in Kent. Just wondering if it's the whole of the uk or just down near me that sells shrimp at stupid costs compared to the us.. Where I am it's 4 per red cherry shrimp!
Old 08-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #225
Aquarium Advice Freak

The whole of the uk is a rip off, you won't find them much cheaper anywhere. The us seems to be cheaper for all aquatic stuff.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #226

Yer I thought so, it's pretty bad. The problem is that there aren't many local fish shops around.. Only one near me other than pets at home and its about 40mins away. And the range of fish around is a bit disappointing. Pets at Home is pretty lame near me too, no range apart from goldfish and standard tetras.

Also, anyone know of any good shops online in the uk that sell snails? In particular nerite snails? Only seen one snail in about 5 or 6 shops and it was an apple snail..
Old 08-22-2011, 05:21 PM   #227
Aquarium Advice Activist

Seems to be cheaper mail order in the uk, the shops are a rip off...
Old 08-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #228
Aquarium Advice Freak

Can I suggest browsing ebay, most online retailers have ebay shops now.
FishyFreddy, no maidenhead aquatics near you then? where in kent are you?
Old 08-22-2011, 06:56 PM   #229
Aquarium Advice Freak

Just had a look at their site, there is one in Dartford, Sevenoaks, Ramsgate & Tunbridge wells. All have a kent address but obviously I know kent is a huge place - the garden of England as they say!
Old 08-23-2011, 05:11 AM   #230

Ex garden of England haha, can't remember who is now but we have been usurped lol. And is Maidenhead aquatics somewhere you recommend? I think I went to the dartford one a while back and was VERY impressed but it's a bit far away. Sevenoaks and tunbridge wells are both do-able though I just hadn't realised they had one! Thanks a heap mate!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com