Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Over the Pond - EU & Beyond
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-23-2011, 05:23 AM   #261
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrays4
Hi i think its just called Thatcham Garden centre I'll have a look when i drive past tomorrow. Sorry for the delay in answering,been a busy week Thanks for the info on the other shops Ickletas
Perhaps we should have our own shop tour
I've found maidenhead aquatics in basingstoke, had no idea it was there, bonus!

Old 10-24-2011, 04:40 PM   #262
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi they are getting every where Have you visited it yet
I can remember visiting the very first Maidenhead aquatics many many years ago,well impressed but didn't buy anything that day

Old 10-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #263
Aquarium Advice Activist

I went today and got 3 ember tetras to start with, it is by far the best shop i have been to, they know what they're on about and are very helpful. Definately going there again! Saw my next tank too, better get saving
Old 10-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #264
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi guys i live in Chesterfield in Derbyshire! i have a Pets At Home just down the road but it's not that good. Staff aren't knowledgeable at all. :/
Old 10-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #265
Aquarium Advice Freak

At last someone close to where I live!! I agree with what you said about the staff. But I can with a clear conscience recommend a Pets Warehouse in Swadlincote. Very smart and knowledgable people there. The only trouble is-- there's not too much of a stock to choose from unless you've a saltwater
Old 10-24-2011, 06:12 PM   #266
Aquarium Advice Activist

Pets at home are rubbish here too last time i was there i saw a siamese fighter that they just got floating in the bag in the tank, dead! They seem to really cram the fish into the tanks too
Old 10-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #267
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyD View Post
Pets at home are rubbish here too last time i was there i saw a siamese fighter that they just got floating in the bag in the tank, dead! They seem to really cram the fish into the tanks too
I agree. The only trouble is - they still have the largest selection, at least in the place where I live. I would love to not to buy from them, but it's hard But at some point I made the decision not to put their water into my tank...
Old 10-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #268
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have 2 pets at home , a maidenhead aquatics and 2 independent LFS within 20 minutes of me! I refuse to even go into either pets at home, maidenhead is ok for tropicals and overpriced equipment, but wouldn't even look at their marine section any more. One of the independents is great for equipment but not so much for fish and the other is amazing for fish but had very little equipment!
Need to find somewhere to move that has a decent LFS
Old 10-28-2011, 06:51 PM   #269
Aquarium Advice Regular

Could be that these problems with Pets at Home could be in certain areas. I have personally found that the one in our area has very helpful and friendly staff. They have gone out of their way to get spare test tubes, offered help with tanks(that weren't bought there) and will spend time discussing things with you, even when they are busy. Although I do think the tanks are too small.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #270
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I live in Plymouth and our pets at home is a disgrace dead fish in almost every tank every time I go in, I go to maidenhead aquatics they are much better even than the local lfs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com