UK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like you got a good deal mate i would have done the same and to be honest still would if i needed it or not lol , not sure if you have seen my other threads but i have big probs with my tank check them out as me and ego are lost some crazy stuff going on

Sent from my X10i using Aquarium

I am British, born in Grimsby and from Caistor in Lincolnshire. I live in the USA now.

I'm from Grimsby too, still living here though. I'm new to fish keeping, and i have recently purchased my first aquarium (Marina 60 Litre). Looking at most the post on this forum suggest that a fishless cycle is the best way to cycle your tank. I followed the LFS advice which was to do a fish in cycle, as I didn't come across this page beforehand. I set the tank up and used the aquaclear and aqua plus treatment kit for the first 3 days, then i purchased 4 Danios as told by the LFS. Now the danios have been in the tank for 5 Days and I'm not sure when i should do the first PWC, any advise would be welcome as each fish store seems to give me contrasting information.

Cheers.

Boogs84 said:
I'm from Grimsby too, still living here though. I'm new to fish keeping, and i have recently purchased my first aquarium (Marina 60 Litre). Looking at most the post on this forum suggest that a fishless cycle is the best way to cycle your tank. I followed the LFS advice which was to do a fish in cycle, as I didn't come across this page beforehand. I set the tank up and used the aquaclear and aqua plus treatment kit for the first 3 days, then i purchased 4 Danios as told by the LFS. Now the danios have been in the tank for 5 Days and I'm not sure when i should do the first PWC, any advise would be welcome as each fish store seems to give me contrasting information.

Cheers.

Hi boogs, welcome to AA.

Start a new thread in the freshwater - getting started forum as you will get a lot more advice there. Don't worry loads of people made the same mistake (including me - search my threads and find the how not to start thread that will give you a head start).
When you have started a new thread PM me a link and I'll help you as much as I can.

Good luck
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Dude1982 said:
Ah another Grimsby lad lol hi boogs I'm from cleethorpes !

Dude! Where's my car?

(sorry I couldn't resist it) :)

Pvtdgrif said:
Hi boogs, welcome to AA.

Start a new thread in the freshwater - getting started forum as you will get a lot more advice there. Don't worry loads of people made the same mistake (including me - search my threads and find the how not to start thread that will give you a head start).
When you have started a new thread PM me a link and I'll help you as much as I can.

Good luck
Matt

Hi, thank you for letting me know about starting a new thread. I've just started one under freshwater - general advice - fish in cycle (danios). I'm using the iPhone app and you can't see the full title of the forums, so both general advice and the getting started thread looked the same lol. Hopefully I will get some advice on what to do next because I don't trust the LFS advice.

Boogs84 said:
Hi, thank you for letting me know about starting a new thread. I've just started one under freshwater - general advice - fish in cycle (danios). I'm using the iPhone app and you can't see the full title of the forums, so both general advice and the getting started thread looked the same lol. Hopefully I will get some advice on what to do next because I don't trust the LFS advice.

Turn your iPhone sideways, it'll allow you to read the full title :)

Boogs84 said:
Ha ha, oh yeah how stupid of me. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks for that.

It didn't occur to me for aaages ;) I was figuring out what they all were by reading all the stickies and threads in each one. Found out accidentally ;)

Hi everyone! Hope you are all enjoying this beautiful weather we are having! It's 42 degrees where I'm working at the moment!

Sure am Fishies86 i was laying slabs in the queens garden (mom) yesterday and got a bit of a tan would you belive it for april lets hope it stays around for a bit

Back
Top Bottom