UK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm from Midlands, Burton-on-Trent to be precise :)
Do you know any good stores nearby?

Hi AmyD:) yes not far at all from me:) If your in the Newbury area let me know and you can come and have a look at me fish:fish2: I keep me fish in a garden shed:) Currently got a five footer,a four footer and a baby shrimp tank:). I posted photo's of me set ups on the member introductions section:)
What do you currently have?
James.

Will do thanx :) i've just started out i'm nearing the end of my fishless cycle, i have a 60 litre biorb (didn't realise that they're not very good!) i plan on getting a much bigger tank when i can afford it but i'm going to start off with a few guppies in the biorb, obviously i'm limited as to what i can get due to the size. Where do you get your fish? I went to world of water in shinfield, reading but i asked for advice and the bloke wasn't very helpful at all!

Hi be great to see you and give you a guided tour:). Yes Shinfield Ok but not the most helpful as you have found out:nono: I get most of my stuff from Maidenhead aquatics Newbury,only a mile from me front door. The shop is on the A4 between Newbury and Thatcham at a garden centre - surprise surprise:lol: They are very very good in there:)
As for your Biorb as long as you realise its limitations then you should do well with the tank:) my first tank was only 12 inches by 6 inches by 6 inches with two goldfish and a simple box filter with green gravel:)
Ember tetras would look great in your tank:)

Do you know the name of the garden center? I'm not sure if i've been there, if i haven't i must go! :)

I googled it, good old google! I'm pretty sure i haven't been there, worth a visit, thank you the few places i've been to weren't very good, the last place i went to the bloke got someone some fish in a bag and just slammed it on the counter, poor fish lol

Booooo. I live not far away either, just outside Oxford. I can concur with Maidenhead Aquatics. I've not been to the Newbury one but I have been to both the ones in Oxford, the one in Wendover and the one near Milton Keynes and they've all been excellent. I can also recommend Coxwell Aquatics near Abingdon but it might be better to wait until they move to Didcot in January as it is a little closer to you then.

Ickletas said:
Booooo. I live not far away either, just outside Oxford. I can concur with Maidenhead Aquatics. I've not been to the Newbury one but I have been to both the ones in Oxford, the one in Wendover and the one near Milton Keynes and they've all been excellent. I can also recommend Coxwell Aquatics near Abingdon but it might be better to wait until they move to Didcot in January as it is a little closer to you then.

I'll look out for that 1 thank you :)

Hi i think its just called Thatcham Garden centre:ermm: I'll have a look when i drive past tomorrow:lol:. Sorry for the delay in answering,been a busy week:blink: Thanks for the info on the other shops Ickletas:)
Perhaps we should have our own shop tour:fish2:

hi i think its just called thatcham garden centre:ermm: I'll have a look when i drive past tomorrow:lol:. Sorry for the delay in answering,been a busy week:blink: Thanks for the info on the other shops ickletas:)
perhaps we should have our own shop tour:fish2:

Road triiiipppp!!!!! :D

To the person that told me maidenhead aquatics was coming to the isle of wight... Do you happen to know when? I don't want to miss the chance to apply for a job, but I can't find any info about it anywhere :(

Back
Top Bottom