A rescue - though it's not fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LydiaGreen

Aquarium Advice Regular
My son has been begging for a lizard forever. At the end of January, I gave in and he picked out a beautiful albino leopard gecko who is, well, the greatest pet ever. She is quiet and docile, makes no mess whatsoever and is cheap to feed (crickets and mealworms). So anyway... the lady at the petstore calls me about a rescued jungle phase leopard gecko. There were two of them rescued but the male was too far gone to save and died from the effects of malnutrition. I won't even go there, it makes me too mad. So, the petstore lady begs me to take the female because we've done so well with the other one and this one really needs lots of love, care, and not to mention food. We took one look at her and our hearts broke. So, now my daughter has the rescue. They are housed together and are SO cute. When we first introduced them, they nuzzled heads. I supplied them each with their own heated cave but, they insist on sleeping together in just the one cave. It's really adorable. In the pic, you can see just how malnourished poor Princess is compared to Nani (Nani is the lighter one). It makes me so mad that people would treat their pets this way!

On the other hand, I successfully convinced one of the local furniture stores that the two goldfish they have in a 3 gallon acrylic tank require at least 10 gallons each and filtration! Sometimes it pays not to bite your tongue afterall!

Here's a link to a pic of Princess and Nani - I'll try to get a daytime pic after Princess has settled in - they are nocturnal lizards and don't need the additional stress of lights during the adjustment period.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/uploads/11159/IMGP2193.JPG

Well done, Lydia!! Kudos to you!!! Wait, we don't have kudos anymore. OK, I bow to your good hearted nature! Hope that Princess will have a speedy recovery and a long and happy life with Nan!. :)

8)

I agree with Serge. Kudo's/props to you for rescuing this little girl. I am sure that she will thrive and be very happy in your home with all the love your family is obviously ready to give to her.

I have a trio of these myself and they are amazing animals. It's sad the lack of respect some people have for the lives of their pets. Lucky for Princess, they are pretty hardy and bounce back with a little TLC. Good luck to you. It's a great thing you've done in taking her.

Oh, my three all share a cave. The male wonders off to himself sometimes but the two girls are always together. :)

Back
Top Bottom