Any AA members in the area of London Ontario??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmoney87

Aquarium Advice Freak
Was wondering if any of the members here in AA particulary the FW Planted members were anywhere in the area of where i reside. Im currently in the process of setting up a 75g planted amazon discus tank. Would be nice to know if I had any other sources of fish and or plants besides our LFS. thanks in advance

davE

hey, im not in Ontario but i am in Canada. you guys know of any good website in Canada so we dont get screwed over by shipping and duties?

i dont think dmoney is here .prob working on that big bad tank or watching his plants grow.

hey, im not in Ontario but i am in Canada. you guys know of any good website in Canada so we dont get screwed over by shipping and duties?

Yes big al's is by far the best online canadian website for aquarium equiptment and supplys. They offer free shipping on orders over 35$. which all of mine usually are. They have good prices, good selection, and wednesdays you get double points, and fridays you get 5$ off your purchase. As far as buying plants or fish online Im still looking for a good canadian site. Aquariumplants.com has stated its expanding into Canada, but they still require you to choose overnight shipping for live plants which is still quite expensive..

-davE

big als has a canadian web site online

or maybe hes swimming in that tank by now

loL, its quite tempting!

-davE

Well I am in London and also have a discus tank. Got all my Discus from Big Als Though.

No not me :) But they were on sale last week for $24 each. That's when I got mine

No not me :) But they were on sale last week for $24 each. That's when I got mine

How bigs the tank? You should throw some pixs up for us all to check it out. Is it a planted tank? Because One of my amazon swords is shooting out new plants.. Got about three ready to be picked and three more still growing off the stem.

-davE

My Cichlid tank is a 65 gallon and the other tank is a 40 gallon which has 3 discus in it. The discus I am new too. So I am hoping I don't screw it up as those fish are not cheap lol. I had Blood parrots in the tank before, But they were forever laying eggs all over the tank and making a mess so I sold them to someone on Kijji. So I am seeing how this goes before I try to convince the wife to let me buy a 125 gallon tank lol.

My Cichlid tank is a 65 gallon and the other tank is a 40 gallon which has 3 discus in it. The discus I am new too. So I am hoping I don't screw it up as those fish are not cheap lol. I had Blood parrots in the tank before, But they were forever laying eggs all over the tank and making a mess so I sold them to someone on Kijji. So I am seeing how this goes before I try to convince the wife to let me buy a 125 gallon tank lol.

oh yea right on. I got to stress that the 40g will not hold 3 discus for very long even as juvi's. I have a 75 which im still second guessing myself if I should get discus for it. Eventually when I move out to my apt, Im going to have a 125 FW and turn the 75 I have now into a SW or visaversa.

-davE

Back
Top Bottom