Any Canadians?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, I live right beside Richmond Hill, major mac and woodbine

Sent from my A0001 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's sick, my friend and I love aquariums and are planning on making a tank. What type of fish do you keep?

Tiny ones for the most part. Chain loach and Bettas are the only ones of any size. Pygmy cory, Habrosus cory, Panda cory, Strawberry Boraras and just got some Emerald Dwarf Rasboras.. though that's not their name now, I forget what it is changed to.

Also a lot of shrimp. Painted Fire Red cherries, Yellow cherries, Pinochio, four species of Fan shrimp, Vampire, Dwarf Bamboos and the standard Bamboos, and Green lace. Also Babaultis ( mostly green ones).,

And some Daisy Rice fish and a few Pure strain Endlers. About 16 species of snails, some of which I breed. I just sold my kuhli loaches, a mystery loach, Cherry barbs and Purple Harlequins, as they'd been living with a friend since April, and I was commuting a half hour one way just to see them and do maintenance. My friend fed and topped up, but he's no fish guy and maintenance was too much for him. All thanks to my rat of a landlord who is making my life a living hell. Won't do repairs and until he does, I can't put the big tanks back up and they have been shut down since April last year. Frustrating.

Oh, that sucks. I know how you feel, waiting to put up a tank is the worst feeling ever. I had cichlids and reef aquariums. But most of them are all gone, had to clean up. :( I hate loosing fish.

WOOT WOOT! So many Ontarians (so happy!)

Anyone enjoy going to Big Al's and find that PetSmart sucks? xD

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

I think it depends on which Big Als, and if it's corporate or franchised, as well as the staff you deal with. I'm close to the Mississauga store and have spent a ton of money there over the years, so I'm a good customer. I'm about to cash in 3000 points worth and not for the first time. They treat me quite well, but I rarely take things back. If I do, they usually replace or fix without any problem. Same for livestock, if I make a claim with their guarantee. I don't take fish back if I'm the reason they didn't make it, which is sometimes the case. I make a point of trying to treat all the staff as I would like to be treated, and that helps too. Overall, I can't complain. Though their prices are often a bit higher, they do beat Petsmart in terms of the quality and variety of livestock and the sheer breadth of goods stocked.

I don't just go to Big Al's, there are other stores I use .Try Mississauga Aquarium on dundas , they just opened .

From stony plain 20 min from edmonton.. have 2 10 gals a 35 gal and a 90 gal cichlid tank

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

From stony plain 20 min from edmonton.. have 2 10 gals a 35 gal and a 90 gal cichlid tank

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Fellow Canuck here. [emoji41]

From Mississauga, Ontario.
Check out my 90 gal build, planted.
I'm putting in some stock today of community fish , post pics latter [emoji39]
Nice to meet you on AA.

Clem.[emoji225]

The spouse is originally from Ontario, I lived there for almost a year. Shopped at the Big Al's in Barrie.

The spouse is originally from Ontario, I lived there for almost a year. Shopped at the Big Al's in Barrie.
I'm glad to know to hear that !!! [emoji1]
Theresa.
I was in the Mississauga store today, 5×points [emoji41] all weekend , just picked up some assorted platties nice color's, and a common pleco. I'm stocking the 90 this weekend !!! Taking some pics now[emoji39]

Clem.

Newfoundland here. I've got a 55gal with a 55gal sump/refugum but have a 120gal on order. Can't wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom