Anyone in the Durham region?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

connorilles14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking for anyone in the Durham region, preferably whitby who would willing to give me or sell me some used filter media or some gravel to help me seed my tank. I'm new to this hobby and I am trying to cycle my tank for the first time!

Oh no way! I'm in whitby to!! I don't need the seeding material anymore, tank finished it's cycle about a week and a half ago! Thanks anyway! Where do you go for all your fish supplies? Bigs Als on Dundas?

good to see you got your tank cycled.

yeh, i go there sometimes. sometimes i go to PJs at pickering town centre.

so this is the first tank you are setting up? what kind of fish do you have currently?

I have heard of pj's pets, never actually been. Is there fish section worth the drive out that way? And I have a 10 gallon tank. I wish I had bigger but I can't complain since the tank and most if the stuff I got with it was free from my friend who moved. Currently I have 6 neon tetra and one dwarf gourami in my tank. I would like to add something else but I think my tank is to small. How about your set up, what's it like?

big als on dundas/garrard actually has more fish selection than PJs at pickering. however, i find that price is better for livestock at Pjs. i only go there if i'm that way.

i've 2 tanks right now. 1 20 gallon long and one 20 gallon high. have 7 angels, 1 orange gourami, and 1 albino BN pleco all together. in the process of setting up a 10 gallon tank for smrimp which will be my 3rd tank. really excited about the planted shrimp tank project. keeping an eye on some driftwood and live plants (java moss, java fern and stargrass mainly) for which i dont have to sell an arm and a leg :)

Back
Top Bottom