anyone know where i can find snakeheads in toronto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As far as I know Snakeheads are banned in the U.S. I know for sure they can't be sold legally in the pet trade. You might want to check on the legalities before you try to acquire one.

They are an invasive species everywhere except the amazon. Where they actually have natural predators. You can't legally own one unless you have a license here in Canada.
They are the 1 fish you are told to kill immediately and report it if you catch one.

I kind of wanted one for my pond haha instead of koi

They look like goldfish when young, which is how I think they were introduced here. Grew up to be ugly and they tossed it. Only thing is, they can live (and thrive) in pretty much every water condition other than bleach. Others say they hitched a ride on a ship, which is also believable.

I'm also assuming you don't mean Giant snakeheads, which I'm unsure about the laws for. They would be a better choice for aquarium fish, visually, if you have the tank size.

Haha nice. Post a video when this goes down. Piranha will win I think, for a few reasons.

caspervr6 said:
Well i wanna throw a couple in with my piranhas and see what happens

I wanna see too :D make sure you have a lid on your tank because they can get out of the tank and BREATHE for 3 days! Yea coolio I say snakehead would win !

Well, if you want a fish similar to a snakehead, wolffish are pretty neat. That same large aggressive type, but they are at least legal in the US (can't say for sure in Canada). Lots of different species to chose from. I personally want an erythrinus erythrinus (red/rainbow wolffish).

There are lots of other similar fish out there too. Just throwing an idea out there.

Well no luck on the snake heads but one of my rb just got taken out by my other 4 got stuck in one of my decorations and i guess the other ones seen it was vulnerable and distroyed its tail. Gunna have to add another one n feed em more often so that doesnt happen again gunna freeze it n wait for warmer weather n let it dry out keep the skeleton :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120107_213601.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120107_213601.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 100
  • ForumRunner_20120107_213652.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120107_213652.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 112
It happens lol win sum n u lose some he was the smallest one of the pack n the most agressive juss got stuck in the wrong spot

There is a spot across from pacific mall that had them about 2 weeks ago,, but I can't remember the name of the store,

i see its been a while, any luck finding snakeheads? im out in alberta and i just got a couple today. awesome fish!!!!!sorry about your pirahna.

Back
Top Bottom