Anyone Order from Aquabid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fullmoonnight

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm in alberta, does anyone know how much it costs to ship here and your experiences with aquabid? I've never ordered live things online before but some of those bettas can't be passed up.

Totally depends on where the seller is located, and what method of shipping they use. As with any online auction site, there will be good and bad experiences. Feedback is key. If you search aquabid on here, you'll find hundreds of threads asking the same thing.

Totally depends on where the seller is located, and what method of shipping they use. As with any online auction site, there will be good and bad experiences. Feedback is key. If you search aquabid on here, you'll find hundreds of threads asking the same thing.

Ok thanks. I'll go for a hunt then.

I've bought a few fish on aquabid, three of which were Bettas. One was from Thailand (seller was khunton1 and he was great) and cost about $70 after shipping was factored in, and I got two females from a seller really close to me (87elmo2001) who was also really good, for around $40 for both shipped. All three of these fish arrived quickly and in great condition. I recommend these sellers for sure. I did, however, win an auction from the seller sifu_plakat and he waited until the day he was supposed to ship to inform me that he didn't have that betta anymore, he sold it weeks earlier and didn't even have any of that strain left. He gave me a full refund, though, so it wasn't all bad. All of my non betta purchases have been from the US and everything has arrived alive. Just check the feedback of a seller before you bid, just like you would on eBay. Good luck finding a nice fish!

Edit - whoops, just realized you are in Canada, not sure if the American seller I listed ships to Canada. I know some do. If you are thinking about buying one from Thailand, email the transshipper listed for Canada and they should be able to tell you how much the shipping should be. Since the cost you pay for the trip from Thailand to your transshipper is only around $5, the shipping cost isn't much more than it would be getting one shipped from somewhere in Canada. Just check out where the closest transshipper is and check their rates.

Back
Top Bottom