ATTN Canadians: Aquatic mail-orders, Cheaper than Big Al's!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not too sure on that brand of strip light but if its decent quality than it would be a deal. Big al's sells the same thing /w the tubes for 160. Are you doing plants?

I just placed an order for a ebo and other stuff.

Ohhhh, I was about to place an eBay order and have it sent to relatives in the states and then pic it up....This may be much easier :roll:

All my tanks have been lightly planted.. Long term I might go all out with my 58 Gallon instead of having 10 tanks if I get the itch for something more I will plant the thing until you can't see fish.. haha. I would have started off right away with heavily planted but I could afford to do light and C02 properly so I am waiting until funds allow me.

If anyone orders from here let me know what your experience is with them.. :)

Did anyone order from them?

I am going to move this to the Cadadian forum so people can find it easier.

Toirtis!! Where is a cheap place to get an Eheim 2026 canister filter in this city.. :)

They are so hard to predict! What exactly are you looking for? I am headed over there today for foods.
I was being lazy:
Mooooooooose said:
Where is a cheap place to get an Eheim 2026 canister filter in this city?
I'll let you know!

Hey Menagerie I am in Toronto so hopefully there isn't a sale while I am away.. :)

I've ordered supplies online from Pets and Ponds and I'm very happy with them. I live on the west coast just up from Vancouver and it only took a week to get my stuff (filter and heater), which is how long they said it would take. And if I'm correct, isn't shipping free above $30? I'm sure my order was shipped for free and it was just over $30.

Well, I ordered a canopy and light for my 10gal from pets and ponds last week. It only took 5 days to cross the country to my town, but it arrived broken. The glass where the light sits was shattered. But I'm not surprised since it was shipped in it's original canopy box, no extra packaging, no padding, nothing. The glass section that broke was sitting against the bottom of the box. :roll:
Anyway, I called them and said to save me hassle, and them the shipping cost, I was going to get it fixed and I would like them to either reimburse me or credit me the cost of the repair.(approx $10) I had to leave a message so I'll see if they get back to me and agree to the reimbursement.

Sorry about taking so long to get back! Computer problems.
Anyway, a guy from pets and ponds called me back the next morning. He said since they charge so little, or nothing at all when you spend over $30, for shipping, they don't spend extra money for shipping by packaging things up with extra padding (???).
He said this is the first time they've ever had a canopy break, and I reminded him that it was shipped across the country! He apologized profusely and said that I did the right thing by getting it repaired. What they would have done was ship me a new piece of glass (I almost laughed--how many pieces would that have arrived in?) He said they would either take the repair amount off my credit card, or I could have it in credit next time I shop. I chose the second method.
So they did get back to me ASAP, and the man was very nice and apologetic. I was quite satisfied with their attitude, so I'll still shop there. I think the call was toll free, too (877 number), which is nice.

ps, the repair cost less than $5, and they installed it in case it broke again.

Back
Top Bottom