Big als Oakville moving - 75% off in stock items

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koikid88

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is this anyones LFS? I've been there a few times, awesome aquarium section.
Some of those tanks are massive... and they are moving??
Anyone have $50,000-150,000 to lend me to buy their displays?
I heard they are moving closer to dundas, trafalgar area. Is this true?? (Closer to me!:))

I'm going to check out the deals this weekend, anyone been there to see how the sales are?

Meh, wasn't anything special. They have the UP TO 75% EVERYTHING IN STORE signs everywhere, but very little is even over 20% off. All livestock is only 10% off. Wasn't impressed, and 3 of the fish section staff went on lunch at the same time. Leaving 1, very pissed off, very rushed employee dealing with a long line of impatient customers with stock lists. Waited over 20mins to be served, which would of only been a few minutes if 2-3 people were working.

So any new word on this stores fate?
Lots of stories circulating, even the staff is unsure. All they know is most of them are going to Sauga location 'for now'.
Some say the owner made a ton of money, and has no interest of relocating.
Others say they are still looking for new land
Others say they already have a new location, and it's a surprise (Which I highly doubt)

I think the first option is most believable, unless there was a middle-man some where in the lease with the city. In which case, and most likely is, the owner would only get a portion of the land value.

This is one of my LFS, as well as ORG and Milton Aquarium (great place).

BY the looks they are selling the two 1200G displays (both fresh and marine) for $15k all in (less fish) and the 300G reef tank (including coral and fish) for 15K as well.

The shark tank is up for sale for 100k.

On the Big Als website it looks like its closing for good and made no mention of the possibility of a new location, just to travel to the mississauga store which is quite surprising.

I figured they would have opened up a new store in the halton area off Dundas to grab more customers from the Milton area as well.

I really liked there fiji zoa rock; always full of life if you can get it out of their tanks quick enough and extremely colourful.

Back
Top Bottom