Calgary Aquarium Society Giant Auction!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A little taste of what I will be bringing :D

Attachments

• 2_rocks.jpg
    2_rocks.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,801
  • lots_rocks.jpg
    lots_rocks.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,793
  • rock2_124.jpg
    rock2_124.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,805
Here's a bit more

Attachments

• wood_196.jpg
    wood_196.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,808
  • pink_female_betta.jpg
    pink_female_betta.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 2,001
  • ketchup_colored_male_betta.jpg
    ketchup_colored_male_betta.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,835
I haven't tagged the tanks, the heaters, filters or other oddsn'ends yet :roll: Tomorrow is going to be a long day :eek:

Hmmm...so far, I have a couple of 10 gallons, a 1G hex, 2-3 filters, a powerhead, some plants, some lights, a few assorted fish...possibly a larger tank or two, some assorted odds and sods.

The auction should be huge....looks like we will have 625-775 lots, with lots and bidders coming in from all over the province....it may be our largest ever auction.

So if we have that many lots, does anyone have any idea as to how long the auction will go for? Also, is there any particular order as to how items are auctioned off?

The auction will probably run until 4:30-5:00 with this many lots. We pick tables at random to auction off, but if there are lots that you want auctioned at any particular time, you can have them 'bumped' (for $2/item) to be in the next couple of items to go under the gavel.

Looks like i will have to get a paddle for myself when being a runner ... LOL ... I am on the lookout for a few things now.

What a day yesterday was! What a blast (and a long day)!! But some people made out with ridiculously good deals. Too bad the people didn't stay all that long .... i can understand since it ONLY finished at 6:30pm (that was a .5 hour auction!)

Thanks a lot to everyone who helped out with the whole thing. Christian ... great auctioneering! Now, i just have one question .... do you have a voice today? I know at 6:30 you were basically done.

anyways .. now i am off to hobble to work (yes the toe must have been broken and appologies i couldn't run much .... damn you door casing!!!)

SerLunchbox said:
Now, i just have one question .... do you have a voice today? I know at 6:30 you were basically done.

No voice whatsoever....at best, I can manage a few seconds of a hoarse, broken whisper.

(yes the toe must have been broken and appologies i couldn't run much .... darn you door casing!!!)

Told ya so....hope it feels a bit better today.

Told ya so....hope it feels a bit better today.
yeah yeah yeah ... and yeah it does feel a bit better today ... until i slipped into my stell toe shoes today at work ... damn .. soem of the guys were trying to crack the foot today in the kitchen when they seem me hobbling in

So for a brief update...
The auction was alot of fun... but what a long day!

I went home with about a dozen red zebra fry, about a dozen electric yellow's (2 marked as a breeding pair), a couple of cobalt blues, a half dozen red-fin blues, a pair of pseudotropheus, and about 5 silver sailfin molly fry.

Well... the good news... the heavily overfiltrated cichlid tank looks awesome with all the colourful fish swimming around and ducking in and out of the rockwall. Not sure if aggression is up or down with the overstocking. Lots of movement!

My only losses were one of the pseudotropheus, and 4 of the 5 molly fry. Figure this was due to being in the bags at the auction for oh... 10 or 11 hours or longer.

I ended up with 4 C. afra, 2 P. acei 'white fin', 6 albino bristlenose, some hydro sponge filters, a 5 gallon tank, some corner sponge filters, some riccia, and some 'Indian fern'.

I brought home a few plants, 3 blue juvie zebras, 2 rock kribs, 4 Ocellatus juvies, 2 S multifaciatous, a brine shrimp hatching thing, wire brushes and half the stuff I wanted to sell. I wasn't going to let my rocks go for next to nothing after seeing my 20 lbs of lace rock go for $17!! Yes, we are moving one of these days, but....

Well... everyones out looking for a deal, and with as many items as there were at the auction... it somewhat makes sense that people wouldnt raise their hand til the price went down to under $5 bucks for people to start bidding and bring the price slightly back up.

At least, that was the general tend I saw people doing.

yeah ... funny how that happened.

Well i walked away with a 15 gal tank, an AC 200, some black gravel, a terra cotta planter and a show tank plus an ancestrus species (looks to be like a cross of a BN pleco doesnt look like many photos on Planetcatfish.) ah well. The new show tank has really come in handy today with teh angels breeding again (2 days after the amecas were taken out of the 50 gallon and put into the 15 and the angels startit up again)

Back
Top Bottom